Twin Secret

• Dedicated to My Cousins (who are twins) Joni and Taylor

"ka-o-ru!" I cried "Kaoru! someone is on the phone and he says he wants to talk to bot of us!" I saw my sister spin aroudnt he cornere in her skirt, leggins and tank top "What is it? Is it mom and dad? they said theyíd be home over an hour ago!" she came up and went over to the base of the phone and pressed the speaker phone button.

"weíre both here" we sai in unison

"oh wow you both sound so oung." the manís voce on the other side said, he seemed sad.

"how old are you two?"

"weíre both 12, weíre twins" we said again, in unison. "oh" the man said

"listen" the man said his voice getting calm and it slowly grew to a comforting tone. "Iím with the police department, your parents whee in a car accedent on the way home to you at 6:00 this evening."

"okaasan? otosan?!?" we gasped "are they alright?!?!"

"iím sorry" the man said. "they where pronounced dead at the sight."

I dropped the phone, frozen. Kaoru grabbed my hand and squeezed. i looked at her and tears where stream down her cheeks. 

"hello?, hello?" the man said, still on speakerphone, I picked up the phone trying my best to stay calm especially with kaoru sobbing next to m  I wanted to cry, I wanted to burst into tears, I wanted to scream and kick and yell at the man for not saving them, but  knew it would be no use. i had to stay strong, stay strong for kaoru.

"iím.. Iím sorry" I said "i, I dropped the phone."

"I am so sorry for your loss. We will be seding an agent over to your home to watch you and discuss what will happen to you once he leaves. What are your names?"

I couldnít help it a sob broke and  I shok my head "I am Kiyo, and my twin sisterís name is Kaoru."

"sister?" he said obviously surprised that a girl has a boyís name, "yes I said"

"I hear her crying," he said "yuo seem to be holding yourself together please try and comfort her, keep yourselfs comfortable in a safe place until the agent arives. thank you and I am sorry for yur loss" he hung up and kaoru slapped the phone out of my hand. I brougth her two me and hugged her, my shoulder getting soaked with the tears, I broke and starte to cry. "whats going to happen to us kiyo?"

kaoru sobbed.

"I-I donít know, uor ony reletives are our great aunt and uncle in america."

we didnít talk after that. we only cried.It hurt too much. it hurt to cry.

we otherwhise idn't know how to take the news. Soon  knock came on our door and, Kaoru, still sniffling in th corner poked me to go get it. but neither of us moved for a while untill the person kncked again, but much harder. I got up an slowly went to the door. {artialy expecting to see our dad enter give us a hug and tell us it was all just a dream. but when i opened the door, the agent was stanging there wiht a big brown suitcase. "come on in" I said nd opened the door for him kaoru stood up and walked over to me. he came into our sitting room and we sat down next to the table. he sat across from us and placed his suitcase on the table. and wihtout saying a word. he opened up th suitcase and pulled out a large file.

"where are we going to go?" Kaoru said rubbing her eyes free from tears.

the man looked up and pushed his glasses back onto his face. "you will be sent to your great aunt in america.

"america?!?!" we said "thats so far away! what about our friends?"

"she's your only family and sonce she agreed to take you you aren't able to go to an orphanage."

"but she doesn't even know us! i doubt she even knows we are twins! let alone kaoru is a girl!"

"i'm sorry" the mane said. "your parents had started a will but never finished it. So far in the will they stated that if you two where old enough to own a house you two wuld get the house but if not then your aunt owns the house until your 18. Your mothers locket goes to Kaoru and your dad's pocket-watch goes to Kiyo. that is all there was." he pulld out an envolope and pulled out the two items and gav them to us. "al other items, that are owned by your parents, will not be allowed to leave this house in any way shape or form except for your necessities." he stood up and closd hi suitcase. "get packing and you will be pickd up at non tomarrow "so soon?!?" we both said in surprise he nodded and left. the first thing kaoru did was leep up and run to the phone. "i'm calling Yuri." she said tears staring up agan.

yuri was our only friend. we normaly kept to ourselves, but yuri, she always seemed to push on our bubble a little more so we decidd to let her in.

"h-hello? may I speak to yuri please?" I hear kaoru's feeble little voice crack she then pressed the speaker phone button nd i soon heard yuri's voice. "hello? kaoru is this you?"

"y-yes." kaoru stuttered so is kiyo here."

"kaoru are you crying? whats wrong what happened?" yuri's voice grew wary and worried.

"yuri." kaoru said "kiyo and i ust receve news that our parents where killed in a car accedent and the next thing we know we wher told we where bing sent to america to live wiht our great aunt."

there was silcence then yuri finally said "oh my god kaoru, kiyo are you two all right. i nodded forgetting that she wasn;t abe to see us and kaoru said "I don't know but we are lacing tomarrow at noon nd he said no later!" kaoru broke into a sob and yuri eylled through the phone "I am going over right now! we ar goin t have one last good bye sleep over!" the phone was hng up I stared at kaoru and grabbed her hand. "its o we'll be fine. soon we heard a knock on our door and yuri ran in, xh was wearing a black skirt. she immedatly grabbed us both and gave u a tight hug "oh you guys.' se pulled awayshe ws crying too "i can't beleive it. its no fair! hy did this happen? and now your leaving? barely eogh time to say god bye to anybody!" the whole night we tked and yuri tried her best to lighten up the mood by making us lugh and for a split second we forgot what was happening the next day.

We awoke in the morning and yuri pushd us awake. "its 10:30.." she said "you should get packed" we got up and she helped us pack and kaoru put the necklace around her neck and I shoved the pocket-watching in my pocket. 12 rolled around and yuri was squeezing our hands when the car pulled up when we had to leave she started to cry and scream "NO! DON"t GO!" she pulled us and we did not try to pull away we want to saty but a large man grabbed us and dragged us wawy. and before  i knew it I was screaming back "yuri! we'll keep in touch right? remember we'll call and send letters!" yuri was crying as she waved good bye and kaoru grabbed my hand and we waved back. we wher eput into th car and we looked out the window. our house getting smaller and smaller as we watched yuri's small body dissapear from sight.