The big big bus, and the racist bus driver

"Kaoru!" I nudged her awake but she was out like a rock "Kaoru you have to get up! we'll be late for the coach bus! Luke said that Aunt would be very mad if we did!" Kaoru sat up and shook her head she touched her head and sighed "I'm still not used to such short hair. How do guys deal with this?"

"Just be happy you have it an get a move on please?" She laughed and slipped out of the bed. the second bed was still perfectly made as it was the night before and Kaoru's uniform was still neatly layed there while mine was on the floor. We quickly re-packed the same things we unpacked the night before Kaoru and I got dressed into the uniforms and I turned to look at kaoru who just stood there holding her tie around her neck. "How do you tie these things?"

I giggled and tied it for her. "bleck its so tight!" We laughed then I realized that we where talking in japanese "Kaoru" I then said in english"we need to practice talking in english. this is very important. We need to be better than we are." She nodded. "You are right!" I grabbed my bag and she grab hers.

"Yosh!" She said. "Oh I mean Lets go!" We ran down the stairs that winded downwards into the lobby. When we met up with our great aunt, she glared at us through her squinting eyes. "the only reason I took you both in was because I knew I could send you away to a boarding school. Now, don't bother coming home on summer break, got it?" We nodded our heads. Suddenly, we heard a honk outside. "the bus" Luke said as he gave Kaoru a wink. "Good luck" he whispered as we walked out the door. We stepped onto the bus. "bleck" the bus driver said. "A couple ol' Jap boys eh? Go sit in a seat, yer bags go on the top shelves." I was confused. A small boy sitting in the front seat, leaned over and said to the driver, "sir, that's racist."

"Shut up twit, an' you japs, sit down!"

I had a hard time understanding what they said.What did the word racist mean?Why did the bus driver only say half of his words part way in before stopping? However,Kaoru mainly understood the part about where to sit, so I just followed her. We made our way to an empty seat that was taken immediately by another kid. He looked up and smiled. "Oh, I'm sorry I'll move back a seat. I was just about to anyway. the next stop is my friend's."He got up and moved to the seat in the back and Kaoru and I put our bags up on the shelves and sat down. "Forgive me for asking, but do you twins have any Japanese or Chinese or something in you? It may just be the eyes. I'm sorry if I am being rude, I'm just curious." Kaoru turned around and nodded her head. "Yeah, actually we are full Japanese. We're from Japan."

"Whoa!" the kid said"epic accent! I'm Noah" i pretended tio understand what he had just said and noddd my head "i'm Kiyo, and this is my nee, i-i mean brother Kaoru"

"what is nee brother in jpanese or something?"

I loked at kaoru and smiled "yeah sorta" she said. it actually meant sister. but he didn't know that. or so we thought.

"it thought that meant sster. wasn't nii brother or somthing like that?"

I whispered to kaoru in japanese just in ca. "he must be an american otaku or something to know that" and she nodded "thats what i said" I said just in case he looked it up later.

"no I thought you said nee, like a horse, niegh? not nii likeyour knee."

"no I said nii" I said and kaoru nodded "oh." the buss styopped and kaor slid backwards hitting her head on the seat in front of us. "tai! baka." she hissed under her breath.

"oh wow thats so cool! can you guys say mpre in japanese?"

"well of cource" I said helping kaoru up

"wait for my friend he and I both love anime and manga so we like listening to japanese things." kaoru rolled her eyes and giggled "I figured" he said" and another boy got on ad came and sat  down next to him "hey Logan, guess who the new kids are. their japanese tiwn brothers!!" "oh awesome!" logan said "they where jsut about to show me some japanese!" "awesome!" loan said and I burst out lauihging "funny" I said and shook my head "gome gome." 

Logan almost squealed in excitment at my usage of japanse. and i tried but best to hold in more laughs, but kaoru just let it out and toppled over.

"alright.. ano." kaoru said "i'll go first. kunichi-wa! Watashi wa Kaoru-desu. Watashi was ai neko." logan grinned a smile that looked as if his face wouuld break and I giggled "alright my turn" i ddn't know what to say and it was ackward enough already "ok how about...tsuki no shita de no jikan de wa." i smiled and so did the two kids "its so awesome! i can't beleive we have japanese speaking students!" logan said

"so what room are you guys both in?" Noah said

"i do not know" Kaoru said" where we told?"

"you should have a card in your uniform pants pocket."

"oh" I said and reached into my pocket

"Logan and i where sorta lucky. although we didn't get in the same room we got the rooms next to eachother, H and K" 

"how do you knwo they are next to eachother?" kaoru asked

:we have been here every year duh. ayway so which is your two rooms?"

"wait." I said worry building up inside of me. "you mean we might not get the same room?!?" i grabbed kaoru's hand and squeezed it "i guess." logan said well look at your cards!"

I poicke up my card.

"H" i said

"K" kaoru said.

"awesome!" Logan said and he reached over and grabbed kaoru's shoulder,"we are roommates!" Kaoru tensed up

"let go of me! don't ouch me!" she squealed and pulled away she quickly grabbed me and held my arm.

"i'm sorry" Kaoru said relazing "i'm just not used to anyone besides kiyo."Logan smiled "wel at least you have rooms next to eachother."

noah held out his hand "Room-mate?" I shook his hand and he put it back down.

we never had socialized much at our old school so we only had our one friend, yuri. kaoru wasn't used to being around othr people much or beng touched, we where generally avoided at th elementery in japan. Kaoru et go and rubbed her head. "again i'm sory"

Kaoru leed over and hisse into me ear in japanese "how can I keep my seccret if i am in a different room as you!'

"well either tell him or just becareful." i said back

"i can't tell him!" kaoru said I smiled "if he keeps it a secret thn these two guys can be the only ones who knmow but,, we have to evaluate tehm first." Kaoru nodded her head and turned abck around they stared in awe"don't do taht" log said "don't talk about us behind our backs, in fron of us in japanese." I laughe "Sorry we wheren't really talkinga but you I was just trying to assur kaoru it ould be Ok to be in seperate rooms."

"sure" they said at the same time. we arrived to the school building and steppd off the bus with our bags. "we go t the entrance gate and hand them our cars, they hand us our keys."