in the dorm

we went up to the indow and slid our card through the little hole and the slid a key back out. all four of us i thought about how awesome it was to be room mates with a japanese kid, he might know more bout manga thenwe d and could he;p us out on our stories. we went to ur rooms adn I looked at kaoru, my new room mate he looked nervouse. "its ok you can't alwasy be wiht your rother anyway eventually you'll have to move on." i said he looked at me and for a second I thought he looked like a girl i shook my head no he could't be a girl thats a duh. I unlocked our door.

"eh bunk beds." i said "I would have thought that middle school level would get seperate beds, but aybe its just highschool."  Kaoru nodded and went went in

"you can have bunk bed." i said imedietly. I noticed that there where desks attatched to the eachide of the bed. i immedietly went to one. "i want this desk." i said and immedietly started unpacking. "We can get set up in our room tonight and stuff and we'll have our assembly in the schol auditorium for 7th graders."

I looekd over at kaoru he climbed up the bed adnsat on it. "i've never been in a bunk bed before. " he said i sat down at my desk and took out some paper and tried again on a design for the cat. "ooh a cat! thats so cool!" he said

I nodded  "Its for a manga Noah and I are writing but i can't seem to get this design right."

"manga eh? so yu guys really are otaku's"

"Sure whatever" I said ignoring him

"Whats the cats personality."

"Well" i said "He's sorta boasty. how about this he has a similar personality as Lavi from D. gray man." ooh" he said and ihe slipped down "boy cat and is this fantasy.

"the only unatural thing about it is that he can talk but he is the only cat that can." hI said "Mhhhm" he said and ran over to his desk where he pulled out a peice of paper and started scrbbling something on the paper.

"Anime cats where the first thing I wanted to learn how to draw when I was litle so i have had a lot of practice on it adn my first fave manga was Gakuen Sousei nekoten its about cats with super powers heh well anyway so i got this!"

i looked around and he was holding up a cat with lighter brown fur that faded into a white underbelly but he had dark brown stripes all over hin with a purple scarf aroun dhis neck he had spikey like fur on hs forhead that covered on eye and his stance was pretty cocky.

"It is PErFECt!" I said grinning "your an awesome artist! do yuo mind if you help me out wiht this and can I use your design?' i asked and he nodded. "Awesome!" i said.

"Sugoi~nya!" he said and did a little paw thing wit his hadns an i laughed.

"your funny was that japanese?" he nodded "I gues in eglsih it would be

Awesome~meow!" he finished doing the paw thing again and I laughed "your so cool." i said almost like you’re a weird girl.”

“Whats that supposed to mean?” he snapped at me.

“I-I it doesn’tmean anything.”I sighed he was weird too weird but oh well I was weird too.

“Oi, Logan, wouldn't it be weird if I really was a girl?” Koaru laughed and so did I. “meh” I said “I wouldn't care I guess but it would be kind of weird.”

“yeah. I;ve been mistaken as a girl before. I grew up my whole life with just my mom and my twin brother because my dad was always at work and we where very unsocial. to top it off our best and only friend was a girl so that I guess rubbed off on us.” He smiled a small smiled and I let out a small chuckle. “Yeah all you need is boobs.”

hejust stared at me and blinked.

“uuh.. this may be ackward i[m sorry , because I think I figured out what you said but I don't know what the word boob means. Sorry!”

“I don;t know the word in japanese sorry” I sighed “but its the things on a girl's chest?”

“Oh yeah I thought thats what you meant..” his face got red and I laughed “your so modest.” “ya..” I said

“whatever he ayed back on the bed and hung his head off the edge.I just smiled and looked back at the design Kaoru drew. I set it beside me and attempted to draw it the ame way. It didn't look as cool but it was still an epic design. I couldn't wait to show noah. Koaru sat up on the bed and leaned against the wall. “Whats your family like” I said suddendly I just wanted to start up another conversation.

Kaoru looked at me. His eyes seemed to suddendly fill with sadness.

“uuh my parents are really nice. theirwonderful people nd my only sibling is Kiyo so... Yeah WE lived in japan all my life until I was sent to america to live with my great aunt. But we only arrive a couple ays ago and after seeing Her once we where sent away to this place” he touched the wall of the room. “What about you?” he turned to me. I smield softly “I have a bunch of brothers and one little sister. She actually is a twin she has a twin brother. So i'm familiar with twins. But their not identical and ones a girl and ones a boy unliked you and kiyo”

Kaoru just stared and he nodded his head. I tilted my head to the side in onusin. He seemed heasetent to agree.

“logan, are you good at keeping secrets.” he said catching me by surprise. “uh yeah I guess” I said “I have never told any secrets i've been told. Are you?”

“yeah decently. Uuh I got an iea. Can you and kiyo trade rooms for just a moment I want to talk with him? Can you go over there and ask?”

Uuh.. ok....” I said and went to step out the door and I went to the room next door and nocked..