Accidentally fallen for you. oops. (10)

Recap:

He continued to eat. Still in deep thought.

"So is that it? I cant go with you?"

The thought of not going with him burned. Tears started coming...

(Still Lily's POV)

I waited for his answer. It felt like hours. But it was only a minute.

"Of course not! You can come. But have you thought about your decision Lily?" He asked.

"But you don't want me there with you" I guessed.

"Stop twisting my words!" He nearly shouted.

The tears were going down my cheek then. I grabbed some more muffins and some juice from the little fridge and walked out of there.

"Lily.. Come on" Ben said.

I headed to the truck and sat on the hood. Eating my second breakfast. (Sort of)

He didn't come out yet. It must have been five minutes? I ate my banana nut muffin and continued to cry. Stupid Ben. I came all this way with him!

"I'm sorry Lily" Ben said. Coming out of no where.

"Ah!" I screamed. Falling off the hood and onto the concrete. Scraping my knee on the way.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to do that" Ben said quickly. Running over to me to help me up.

"Jerk. I'm going to put a bell on you like a cat" I muttered. Dusting myself off.

He chuckled.

"Aw. My juice" I pouted. My juice was all over the ground. "You owe me a juice"

"I'll get you one next stop"

"Next stop? So I'm allowed to come with you?" I asked slowly.

"I never said you couldn't. I just want you to think about what your getting yourself into"

I got in the truck with a purse full of goodies. And a scraped up knee.

_______________Hours later_________________

Something has been bothering me. I needed to ask Ben a question.

"Ben?"

"Yeah?" He asked while driving.

"That guy Marco... How does he know you?" I asked. Staring out my window.

He was quiet for a while. Then he inhaled deeply and sighed.

"I was 15. One of the times I ran away, I went to that town. I was running low on cash and didn't know what to do. When I heard about an award for a Marco Lopez I thought. Why not. So I went around town. Searching for that man" He shook his head.

"What was he wanted for?" I asked.

"You name it. Vandalism. Stealing. But worst of all. He was suspected of murder. Twice" He was disgusted. With himself.

I winced. Twice? Murder suspect twice? My heart ached.

He went on. "So I finally found him and his hideout. But he saw me. And chased me for half a mile. I was shaken up then. But at least I knew his hideout. So I went to the police and told them everything. They went and got him. I was just leaving when the police heard from and Mr. and Mrs. Surrey"

He frowned. But went on. "They said. 'Benjamin Surrey. Your parents are coming to get you' and they put me in a cell. It was next to Marco. He knew I was the one who turned him in. he threatened me that when he gets out of there. He will find me and kill me"