Accidentally fallen for you. oops. (4)

-----Lily's POV-----

I drove home safely. To my and Ben's surprise. I drove his piece of junk home.

"Um. May I come in?" He asked.

"Oh. Duh. Yeah of course" I muttered. Getting of the car. And helping him out of the other.

I let him inside and headed to the kitchen to get him ice.

"I think I won that fight" He muttered. Limping to the couch.

I burst out laughing. I heard Ben stop muttering.

"What?" He asked.

"Dude. I had to hit him with a backpack to stop beating the crap out of you" I giggled.

"No. you distracted me while I was smacking his face in"

"Yeah right" I said as I walked in with some ice. We always had ice. Especially for me.

He was frustrated.

"I'm going home" He muttered. I felt guilty.

"I'm sorry. You totally had him begging for his life" I lied.

He stopped and looked at me.

-----Ben's POV-----

I was sore all over. And getting off the couch was a stupid move. But I didn't want her thinking I was a loser. Getting my butt kicked by a big senior. I fought a 23 year old one time. Sure I couldn't see out of my right eye for week. But it was thrilling!

"I'm sorry. You totally had him begging for his life" She muttered.

I stopped, turned around and looked at her.

She had her bottom lip out. Pouting. She looked upset for making mad. But truly I wasn't really mad. I just worried that she thought I was a wimp.

I don't know why I had to prove it to her that I was strong. Her face was sad. I wanted to comfort her. But I decided to just sit back down.

"I'm honestly sorry" She muttered.

"Its alright"

She pulled a chair right in front of me and sat down. She put the ice on my forehead.

"You really need to stop fighting" She muttered.

As she held the ice there and examined my cuts and bruises. I stared at her lips. Full. Shiny.

"When was the last time you saw you mom or dad?" She asked suddenly.

"A week ago?" I thought.

Her eyes grew wide. And her mouth slightly opened.

"A week?" She asked. "Where do they think you are?"

"Here. They're glad I'm even showing up for school"

She stared at me in disbelief.

"I'm sorry" She muttered again.

"Its fine"

I leaned closer to her. She smelled like oranges and tea. With a hint of ash. I don't want to know.

She leaned closer too. I lifted my hand to pull her closer. She closed her eyes. And I closed mine.

Then I heard the door open.

I leaned back..

-----Lily's POV-----

I was shocked when the door opened. But unfortunately I didn't pull away fast enough.

There. I mother stood with bags of food from the store.