The Secret of Lady Phantom

Prolouge-Lady Phantom and Detective Mark Hawkers

The atmosphere felt strangely heavy as she reached for the script. Clare knew something was wrong. She hesitated and thought "was this a trap?" Then reached for the script again. Suddenly she feels someone is staring at her. Clare turned her head. A man in his 20s steps out from behind a desk. "Who is he?" she thinks "more important what does he want?"

He was dressed in an old brown coat ,which was loosely hung on around his body, standing there without saying a word. The man took a step towards her, her breathing starts to speed up. "What do you want?"she growls.

Instead of answering he continues to walk forward to her. She felt uncomfortable, as her vision came more dizzy. She felt her knees going weak but did not show it. He himself felt amused by her braveness. He recognised her but she didn't. The two stared at each other. The eerie silence surrounded them. No words were made only. Clare knew the man was dangerous but couldn't quite put I finger on where she had seem him before. The man interrupted the silence saying "well don't recognise me?" "It cant be!"she spoke with fear "I-I-Its you Detective Hawkers" "Bingo!" his face turned into a smile "my dear your stealing ways shall end tonight!" Mark blew into a whistle. Her eyes grew with fear. "Lets see you try and get away this time Lady Phantom" he pulled of her mask "or should I say Miss Ch-!"

As soon as Mark reached for her mask ,she leapt into the air and through the hole above. "Huh, nice try!"she snorted "your ancestors never caught mine before, so neither will you!" With that she ran across the roof and flew away. He felt defeated. "Mark my words I will catch you Lady Phantom if that's the last thing I'll ever do!" he shouted towards the place she escaped,but she had already left.Her laughter echoed around the building......