Kabanata 4

#ILSomeoneElse

After a week

King's Point of View

I was walking on the hallway while checking my employees if they are doing their work. I always do this whenever I finished my papers early.

But my attention was caught when I hear a pair of a feet running around the hallway. I look at the back and the employees also does.

My eyebrow arched and face her while my arms are crossing above my chest.

"Eleonore."

I called her. She looks horrified but still managed to smile. Everyone was looking at her. She's standing the opposite of where I am. She walks slowly while hugging the teddy bear I gave to her. She's doing the puppy eyes again.

"On my office."

I said with authority and let her walk passed by me until she enters my office. Still, everyone was watching us. So I look at them and command. "Go back to your work." So they does.

As I enter, I saw her eating the cake I bought for her. She's eating like she's been starved. And immediately eat slowly when she saw me staring at her.

"I'm sorry, daddy."

"I told you to stay here because it's work hours. You might disturb them."

"I just want to play. I'm missing my mom. When she will go home?" she said and looks joyless.

I sighed and sit beside her. I pull out tissues on the box and wipe her hands full of icing.

"She'll be home soon, baby. Be patient."

I told her while I wipe out the dirt onthe side of her mouth. She nodded her head and continue eating.

Margarette was in Bohol for a week. She has a project there so she have to be there. Kung hindi ko pa nga nalaman kay Peyton na may offer project pala siya roon, hindi ko malalaman na tinatanggihan niya iyon para sa amin.

Margarette don't accept project that not around Luzon. She always want to go home and see her daughter. She always want to see Eleonore.

"Sir? Your friend France Lacson is here. He wants to talk to you. Urgent daw po."

"Ah. Sure. Let him in, Clarity."

"Ok sir."

It's her 3rd day as my secretary. Wala akong magawa. She's the most qualified among the 7. At wala rin naman sigurong masama kung saakin siya nagtatrabaho. It's almost 10 years. We both already moved on.

Tinignan ko muli si Eleonore na tahimik na naglalaro ng kung anong lutuan sa iPad niya. Agad kong napansin ang pagpasok ni France sa opisina ko kaya tumayo ako at makipag manly hug.

"Dude. Napadaan ka."

France and I are never been in good terms way back. He's persistent to annoyed me always. He's always been harsh on me. I don't know if he loves to see me hurt on his words but Paul keep saying that France was just trying to be a useful friend and trying to help.

"I was bored on botique so I thought you're not busy."

"Yon lang?"

"Yea. Bakit? Ano bang gusto mo? Pupunta ko rito para sabihin kong miss kita? Eew dude. Gross."

Sabi nito at umikot pa ang mga mata. Nangibabaw ang puti sa itim kaya naman pinukpok ko siya ng rinolyo kong papel.

"Gago."

"Daddy has a bad mouth, Ele. Don't imitate him."

"What is gago daddy?"

Curious na tanong ni Eleonore habang bumubuo ng Eiffel Tower gamit ang Lego niya. Sinamaan ko ng tingin si France pero inosente siyang tumingin saakin at itinaas ang dalawang kamay.