2

Current Day 

Stiles POV
"Dude... you ok?" Scott asked me concerned when I groaned in pain at my desk, "Y-yeah... just growing pains I guess," I lied. I can't believe I let myself wait this long, I hadn't got another potion to stay human. I can tell that's what's wrong with me. Scott still stared daggers into me worried, "Are you sure?" He asked. "Yes! I'm sure!" I snapped and he jumped back surprised. "I'm just worried about you..." he through the Xbox controller down on the floor and folded his arms angrily. "I-I'm sorry buddy... I'm just tired of everyone worrying about me," I said. "Well, you look like death!" He yelled at me and Now it was my turn to jump back startled. It's true, I have bags under my eyes, my skin is paler than usual, My legs are in pain almost constantly oh god... I thought to myself as I begin to sneeze. It let out a frequency that made Scott faint because it was too high pitched. "Fuck..." I say to myself and try to lift him up on the couch.

I sit beside him trying to think what I have to do next, I-I don't want to tell him I've been lying this whole time, it took him forever to forgive me when I lied to him about sneaking out to swim. Scott mumbled something waking and I hurry to leave him a note. I get into the car and hesitate to drive where I'm thinking of going. "Here goes nothing..." I parked in the loft parking lot, sighing before I go upstairs. I knock on the door and I hear laughing and giggles, Derek eventually comes out wearing just some shorts and I try to avoid looking at his abs. Derek smirks cockily knowing that I am trying not to admire him, "Sorry... this was a bad idea," I mumbled knowing that he was just sleeping with someone. The smirk on his face quickly went away "What's wrong Stiles?" He said and sniffed "Why do you smell different?" He asked confused and my eyes widened.

Flashback
"Why did you bring him?" Jackson sighed as Scott and I walked into the loft, "This is a pack meeting... and even though I hate to admit that this Stilinski is pack," Derek told him and I heard Jackson mutter something. "thanks sourwolf," I chuckled and sat down. Derek has been calling a lot of pack meetings recently because of the dread doctors being in town, he has also been noticing how close Hayden and Liam are. "I have to go to the bathroom," Hayden said and Liam whined not wanting her to go. "Shut up... it's not like she will be gone forever, stop being so clingy," Allison rolled her eyes, she is jealous of the two young kids in love. "Why have we been so clingy lately?" Hayden asked out loud noticing it, "because you two are mates," Derek sat nonchalantly flipping through a bestiary. "I'm sorry... we are what?" Liam asked confused yet excited, "what's a mate?" I asked. "A mate is the one your wolf is linked to, it's kind of like fate. When you know you've met your mate you know... their scent is comforting to you," Derek explained a little on edge, I couldn't help but it becomes a little jealous, I wish I had a mate. "How do you know?" Scott asked, "Have you met yours yet?" I spit out a bit too quickly so I blush. "yeah... but then I lost him," Derek said  in his usual broody mood

End Of Flashback

I managed to squeeze a bit more information out of him to find out it was me... but how could that be? He is a big, strong alpha and I'm just a fragile mermaid disguised as a human, not to mention he's way out of my league. Derek gripped my arm and I could tell that my spell on him was wearing off from the time we met in the woods. I tried to run again but his grip got tighter "D-Derek you're hurting me..." I whimpered and he loosened up "Sorry..." he told me. In the water I'm close to indestructible... but not on land, I bruise by someone just tapping me. It's incredibly condescending when the werewolves ask me if I'm ok all the time because they think I'm weak, it gets tiring after a while but I guess it's fine.

Derek dragged me inside his loft "Stay..." he ordered and epic crossed my arms. He went into his bedroom and had three girls and one boy locked by one of his arms pushing them out, and their clothes in the other hand. "Get dressed and leave..." he tossed all of the, along with their clothes out before shutting the door. I avoid eye contact a little crushed that he had been hooking up, even though we weren't even dating. "What's wrong? You look like death..." he showed a little concern and I got furious taking everything out on him. "Fuck! I wish people would stop asking me that! I'm not a fucking baby! I can handle more than you guys think!" I yelled and punched him, I look up at him surprised at myself. "Are you done?" He rolled his eyes and I nodded, he took my hand into his and my heart started to race. I see his veins turn black and immediately takes his hand way looking at me confused, "Stiles? Why haven't you told us you were in so much pain... that's worst pain than someone dying," I saw his eyes show another emotion other than angry for the first time. "It was a bad idea to come here..." I repeated and let my emotions take over, I started to cry out of anger so I hid my face and took off.

"Wait!" Derek commanded but I didn't listen, I swung the door open and let tears fall down my face. I started running down the steps and screamed in pain as my legs started to fuse together, I couldn't stand up so I fell down luckily not getting to injured. "Stiles!" Derek heard me fall down and scream. I focus on my power and attempt to do something I haven't tried before, I've only heard of mermaids doing this. I close my eyes and focus on becoming invisible, "Stiles?!" Derek ran down and pick up my clothes. I look down noticing my clothes had ripped apart. He looks right in my direction and doesn't see me, I whisper "yes!" to myself because I have my magic back. Derek's eyes glow red and I sighed in defeat, he could see me in his wolf's vision.

I saw in his face that he was remembering everything, meeting me at the beach, recognizing me in the woods, smelling my scent. "Stiles... come out," he said softly, I never say this side of him before. I become visible and look down at the flood ashamed, he gasped slowly coming towards me. "Get me to water... my gills can only take 30 minutes like this," I sniffle and close my eyes letting tear stream down my face. I look up at him terrified at what he would do to me, what if he takes me to a scientist or something. He looked speechless, he picked me up struggling with the weight of my tail. He had to shift to be able to fully carry me, he brought me upstairs and back into his loft. He drew a bath and when it filled up I tried to slide into it but Derek had to help me with the weight.

I submerged my Hills and entire body in the water, staring up at the ceiling embarrassed. "Stiles..." Derek asked softly and I come up to get this over with. "I know... just take me to the ocean, please don't make me go to the government..." I pleaded and he widened his eyes and got on his knees " I would never do anything to hurt you Stiles... you're my mates, you have known all along... why would you keep that from me?" He looked at me hurt. "Because you're better than me... I don't deserve a guy as hot as you, I'm just a dumb pathetic fish," I said and he growled at me angrily. "You're not pathetic! or dumb! Don't say that again!" He yelled at me and I backed up scared. He took a deep breath "I-I'm sorry..." he furrowed his eyebrows, "I'm calling a pack meeting," he said getting up texting every. I turned over and cried into my hands, curling my tail up into a ball.

Please comment, vote, follow me, and check out my other stories:)