Chapter 30

Bowser was definitely taking his sweet time whatever he was doing away from Dark Land. Nobody knew where Bowser was in the first place. Some of the goombas and koopas said they saw the doomship take off. You stared at the emptiness of Dark Land from your bedroom's balcony, awaiting Bowser's return. Dark Land was definitely not the strangest kingdom, but it felt odd how there was nothing built here. Just an enormous castle. The rocky terrain was definitely not a good place to build, and there were too many mountains, so expanding would be hard. In a few seconds, you spotted the doomship, floating in the air. You smiled in excitement as the large ship came closer and closer to its destination. You bolted down the stairs to the large terrace where the doomship was usually parked next to. You patiently waited and the doomship floated in the air, completely motionless. You saw Bowser's large silhouette- but he wasn't alone.

Bowser jumped down, landing on the terrace. He ran past you, completely ignoring your presence. You needed to know who that person was. You followed him, getting a glimpse of his newest victim's ghostly pale face. Their purple eyes focused on you, their pupils so dilated, you could barely see them. The victim was clearly in distress and thought you were too. You followed Bowser down the stairs into the dungeon. Bowser threw the young adult into one of the cells. He turned to you, grinning.

"What the hell is wrong with you!" You yelled.

"Hey! I'm just trying to still be a vilain, but you were getting in my way!" He smiled.

"In your way? I'm your wife! You proposed to me? In what way am I in your way?" You growled.

"Whatever. I hope you aren't too moody about this. It's nothing personal against you." Bowser sighed, walking back upstairs.

It may have been dim, but you saw Bowser's eyes roll before he left. You ran to the cell, trying to meet his new prisoner.

"Hello." You weakly smiled.

"Leave." The victim hissed.

"I'm trying to help you, if you would just-"

"I said get the fuck away from me!" They screamed.

"Just tell me your name." You begged.

"Daniele. But I prefer Dani." Dani frowned.

"What even happened?" You asked.

"I was just minding my own business, when that freak straight up kidnapped me! I tried to fight him off, but he kept threatening me. I'm just trying to get back home." Dani sighed.

You looked down at her, noticing their purple dress had been ripped and shredded and was no more than a mid length skirt now, yet her hair was still neat and tidy.

"Would you like a change of clothes?" You asked.

"Whatever." She nodded.

You went back up to your room. You looked through the dresses Bowser had bought long ago, but they had never been used more than once because you preferred dressing normally. You pulled a dark blue dress off and hanger and began to walk back to the dungeon. You went to reach for the door that lead the the basement when you were interrupted.

"Where do you think you're going?"

Bowser grabbed your shoulder, pulling you away from the door.

"But her dress is ripped to shreds!" You protested.

"You don't even know her. She definitely doesn't deserve your kindness." Bowser glared at the door leading to the basement.

"Don't make me buy a lock for this stupid door." He frowned.

You gulped, nodding your head.

"Go deliver the dress and come right back up and get ready to go to sleep. I love you sweetheart." Bowser smiled falsely.

He kissed you and sent you on your way. You could faintly hear Dani's cries the moment you opened the door. You shivered, stepping down the stairs. Her sobbing soon stopped as you entered the main floor of the basement dungeon.

"T-T-T-Thank you." She stammered as you handed her the gown.

"I'm not allowed back down here again, so this is goodbye for awhile. I'm so sorry, Dani, you don't deserve this cruelty, but there's nothing I can do to change his mind, he can be really stubborn sometimes." You muttered.

"Please, don't apologize, this isn't your fault. I'm the one who should feel sorry, you were forced to marry that brute!" She frowned.

"Forced? I wasn't forced to marry Bowser, what makes you say that?" You asked.

"You weren't? But then why do you disagree with him about this?"

"Because I just do. Goodnight, Dani. I won't see you in a long time." You muttered, walking away.

"No! Wait! Come back! You need to get me out of here! Please-"

Her shouting was cut off by you shutting the basement door. You walked upstairs to your bedroom in the pitch black darkness, bumping into a wall once and missing a few steps, laughing off your mistakes. You made it to your room and slowly began to put on your pyjamas.

"Who aren't you getting dressed in the bathroom? Are you this excited that I'm back?" You turned to find Bowser, stirring upright in bed, staring at you.

Your face went red as you covered your body with your clothes.

"I thought you weren't here!"

"C'mon, we're married! This shouldn't be a big deal, I've seen you naked a hundred times." Bowser smirked.

"Don't say that! The koopalings are awake!" You shushed.

"So what? I don't care if they know we-"

"Shush! This isn't something you should be talking about when these walls aren't soundproof!"

"Whatever. Get into bed." Bowser yawned.

"Let me put on my pyjamas first!"

"Sheesh. I don't wear clothes all the time and nobody cares." Bowser laughed.

"But I'm a human with.. whatever! Just let me put on my pyjamas." You frowned, seeing as Bowser would be too stubborn to cover his eyes.

You dressed yourself and brushed your teeth and jumped into bed and immediately fell into a deep sleep.

___________________________

Glad everyone is enjoying me bringing this story back, but if don't, make sure to leave some constructive criticism and or suggestions for future chapters!

I apologize in advance for taking so long to publish. Alas, my life isn't devoted to writing Fan Fiction, and I don't have enough time due to homework and dealing with drama ;-;

I wish I was a smol robot