Chapter 19

You waited for Bowser's return, thinking about him and everything. You heard a light knock on the door.

"Come in." You murmured.

"Are you okay, your highness?" Kama asked.

"No." You frowned.

"He'll come back. Sometimes we just have to do things for our loved ones."

"I just want to be there, but I would probably die or something. I'm just worried about Haru coming back and attacking."

"What do you mean? Haru is in the dungeon."

"I released him for telling me how to cure Bowser."

"Oh my, we better be aware in that case. Anyways... So how long have you been expecting?"

"Eight months." You sighed, realizing how fat you looked.

"Isn't scary that he left you all alone when you could be going into labor soon?"

"It can't be that bad, the baby won't come for a couple weeks, and I'm sure Bowser would come back in time."

"I don't know about that, dear, tonight he's kidnapping Peach and coming back for awhile, but don't get your hopes up. His plans could fail, like usually." She sighed, wrapping her small arm around your neck.

"I just... I'm just worried about him." You covered face with your hands.

"Don't stay up too late, goodnight my Queen." Kama left, closing your door.

You lied in the centre of the large bed. You saw the door slide open. You ran out of bed and jumped into Bowser's arms.

"Jeeze, I was gone for two hours." Bowser laughed, hugging you back.

He set you down onto the floor and sighed.

"I can't even stay tonight. I'm sorry Y/N. I'm going to miss you." Bowser sighed.

"Please take me with you! I'll spend the entire time in my room! Please!" You begged.

"Y/N... I just can't. I love you too much to let something like this potentially kill you." Bowser explained.

"But it's my birthday, can't you at least stay for the night?" You asked.

"I'm sorry, but I have to lock that fungus queen up, I can't stay for very long." Bowser said, beginning to leave.

"Will you ever stay?" You asked, getting his attention before he would leave.

"Eventually." Bowser sighed.

"Eventually isn't good enough for me, just please take me too!" You frowned.

"I'm sorry, Y/N, but no is no. It's for your own good. If something happened to you, I could never forgive myself." Bowser's emotions dug into you, he was never this upset over anything.

"Okay, okay I get it now, just please, be safe. Don't do anything stupid." You finally gave up, seeing as you were unable to change his stubborn mind.

"I promise. Now I really have to go, I love you." Bowser quickly kissed your forehead, but you pulled him into a hug.

You tightly hugged Bowser, tears escaping your control.

"Don't cry... I'm not going for very long." Bowser reminded, wiping your tears.

His sad, red eyes locked onto yours as he got up and left. You sat on the floor of the dark room. You got up and opened the balcony door. You stood at the edge, staring at the midnight sky. The pale moon shone dimly. You looked down and your bulging stomach and frowned. You were embarrassed that you had started buying maternity, considering you were pregnant. You and Bowser had decided that it would be best to send the baby to the koopa elementary if it was a koopa, or if it was a human, you would get to home school them. Speaking of the koopalings, you felt scared about how the koopalings missed eating human, it felt like the equivalence of leaving raw steak on the floor and having eight dogs who hadn't eaten in weeks. You heard a soft knock on your door, most likely Kama.