Chapter 16

You woke up in a cold sweat in the middle of the night. Bowser was sound asleep, snoring loudly. You looked into the hall and saw Haru's tall shadow approach the door. You hid your face in the blankets, peeking to see if Haru was there. You looked around, but saw nothing. You got up and looked down the hall. Still nothing. You shrugged, getting back into bed, thinking that it was just your imagination.

                              • • •

You woke up on the floor next the the bed, the entire blanket on top of you. You looked and saw Bowser, tossing and turning. But something wasn't right, for Bowser's size continuously changed from normal to gigantic. You crawled onto the bed and tried to shake him awake, but nothing would work. You violently shook his head, and he sat up, you clinging to the back on his head.

"Bowser, what's wrong?" You asked.

"What? Nothing is wrong, everything it fine." He lifted you off his neck and placed you onto his lap.

"Are you sick?" You asked.

"Nah, this was totally intended." Bowser explained.

"Then change back." You challenged.

"Uh... I don't feel like it." He stammered.

"Bowser, what's wrong?" You asked again.

"Fine, you got me... I'm sick. I'm too weak to control my own powers." He sighed. 

"Aren't you going to go to a doctor?" You asked.

"No! I'm totally fine, I don't need some dweeb telling me what's wrong with me." He muttered. 

"Bowser... This could be something serious." You warned.

"Yeah, seriously not bad. I'll get over it on my own." He fibbed.

"That's it, I'm taking you to the castle's infirmary." You sighed, tugging on his arm.

"I'm not going! The doctor is for babies!" He protested.

"Well right now your acting like a baby." You frowned.

"No, Y/N, everything is fine, I just wanted to give you a big hug!" Bowser tightly hugged you. 

"Ouch! Your hurting me! Let me go! Help-" You screamed, but Bowser covered your mouth with his large finger.

"You go get dressed, I have to go order breakfast." Bowser left, shutting the door.

You groaned in frustration. You quickly got dressed and walked down the stairs.  Bowser uncomfortably sat into the small chair and looked down at his empty plate. 

"Bowser, you have to go to the doctor." You murmured. 

"I will not go to the doctor!" Bowser roared, sanding up and banging his fists on the table.

"What the hell do you think you're doing! You should never tell Bowser that he had to go to the doctor." A koopa whispered as it served our food. 

"Bowser, it's the only way, I'll have to move back into my old room because I won't be able to sleep on a bed." You explained.

"Fine by me!" He yelled, storming off upstairs.

You walked up to a koopa and asked it a question. 

"Why doses Bowser hate the doctor?" You asked it.

"Nobody knows why, he's just always been this way." The koopa frowned. 

You took a couple bites of your breakfast and walked up to your bedroom door. You twisted the knob, but the door was locked.

"Bowser. Let me in." You banged on his door with your fists.

The other side was silent. You frowned banging on the door once more.

"Bowser. I'm being serious." You groaned.

"Bowser. Let me in now." For once, you felt like the parent with a frustrating child.

"Bowser, if you don't open this door this instant... I'll-I'll..."

The door slid open and Bowser's oversized hand pulled you in. His fingers wrapped around your waist, as if you were a small toy. Bowser was laying on the floor, his foot larger than the bed. You looked down at his torso, and you had spotted a bright blue marking.

"The thing Haru stabbed you with, it must be the reason why." You realized, remembering watching Bowser collapse to the ground.

"I'm not going to that damn doctor!" He muttered.

Bowser's size began to shrink down, so that he was at normal size, then about the size of an action figure. You picked him up in your arms and ran to the infirmary.

"What are you doing! Put me down!" He yelled.

You ignored his complaints as you barged into the infirmary. You set him in front of the doctor to inspect.

"There's nothing wrong!" Bowser insisted.

The doctor koopa lifted Bowser and examined the marking and ran a couple of tests. He swiftly typed on his computer and began to read for a brief second.

"My Lord, you are extremely ill, all your power's will not work as normal. Your height is obviously an effect, as well as your fire breath, and your ability to respawn." The doctor sighed as he read from his monitor.

"What?!" Bowser gasped.

Bowser began to grow again, and you quickly dropped him to the ground. He got up off the ground and pulled you closer to him.

"My Lord, there's nothing I can sadly do for you." The koopa frowned, shutting the computer off.

"Thanks for letting me know." Bowser sighed, sadly walking out of the room.

"Bowser, everything is going to be fine-"

"It's not! It never is! I'm just going to end up dying!" He snapped.

"I'm so sorry it's this way, but there must be something we can do, Haru might know-"

"Haru?! Trust that asshole? Hell no!" Bowser frowned.

"But we could bribe him." You suggested.

"You can bribe him, I want nothing to do with this."