Brotherly comfort

Pretty much what it says on the tin. A moment between Zeb and Ezra.

Ezra sat alone on a few crates watching the sunset.
A week had now passed after Sabine's departure, and Ezra was still off. Everyone thought he would be fine after a few days, but now they were worried.
Ezra hadn't been sleeping a lot lately, nightmares and memories tormented him. He was eating, but not much. Hera and Kanan were extremely worried about their young Jedi. Even Zeb and Chopper seemed a little on edge.
Hera was normally by Ezra's side when he was having bad dreams.
But it still didn't help him that much.

Ezra stared out at the mounds of rock and cliffs around the base with a great sadness. He had hardly been on any missions, and Jedi training had been put off for the time being.
A great depression had taken over him.
'And there's no way I'm getting out of it' Ezra thought miserably.
His face was slightly pale, and dark bags were under his eyes. His eyes were also slightly bloodshot from lack of sleep.

He closed his eyes and clasped his hands together. Meditation was a good way to release stress, but he hadn't been able to have a clear mind for days.
Images of Sabine always conflicted his brain, and made him lose focus. Even his connection to the Force was a little unstable.

He opened his eyes and turned to look over his shoulder when he sensed a presence coming from behind him.
"Hey kid" Zeb greeted sitting beside him.
"Hey Zeb" Ezra sighed looking back out to the sun.
"How you been?"
"You know how I've been Zeb. Misreable" Ezra growled.
Zeb glanced at Ezra is surprise and concern. The anger in his voice was unlike him.
"Kid, listen to me. I miss Sabine as well. She was many things, fiesty, brave, skilled, creative..."
"Beautiful" Ezra mumbled looking at his lightsaber in his hands.
Zeb couldn't keep the grin off his face as he continued.
"That too, but kid look. As much as I don't want to say it, but I'm here for you. We all are."
"Why do you not want to say it?" Ezra asked looking over at him with an amused grin.
"It's hard to say. I'm not normally the comforting type."
"Then I don't know how you and Chopper don't get along. You two have so much in common."
Ezra ducked the swat the Lasat sent his way.
The two sighed and looked out to the burning sun.
"Wonder what she's doing" Ezra said suddenly.
"Probably missing us, like your missing her. Remember when you got captured by the Seventh sister?"
"As much as I would like to forget it" Ezra shuddered.
"Well, she was terrified for you kid, she does like you. Maybe even more."
Ezra head snapped round to Zeb.
"You mean she loved me?" He asked gob smacked.
"I dunno. Probably" Zeb chuckled at the look of excitement on the boys face.
Ezra lightly punched Zeb's arm with a grin.
"Thanks Zeb, I needed that" he said.
"What? The comfort? Or hearing Sabine liked you?"
"The comfort you Muppet!" Ezra laughed hitting Zeb again.
The Lasat respond with a shove.
Ezra rolled his eyes and looked up at the sky's.
'Where ever you are Sabine' he thought.
'I hope all good things come your way.'

Sorry if you found it too short.
Suggestions are always open to anyone who wants something to happen in this story. (Within reason of course)
I've already got some great inspiration from some of my readers. But I welcome more! 😋
All the best.

~Star-Wars-Dragons