Chapter 31

Greenwood T.H 2058

          When I came back around, no more than a few hours could've passed

          When I came back around, no more than a few hours could've passed. The sun was barely clearing the top of the trees, casting its light over the forest, bringing with it a new day. The morning, genuinly peaceful and quiet. I greatly enjoyed the moment before I knew I had to get up. I had a nightshift tonight, and deep down I was not looking forwards to it because I could still feel the effects of the wine I had consumed last night. A slight dizziness lingered in the back of my head whenever I moved. Still, it was a slight discomfort other than the dull, familiar, ache between my legs. I smiled to myself before moving my arms over head, stretching my whole body while sinking deeper into the mattress beneath me. It's softness almost fully swallowing me.

At my side, Thranduil was still sleeping when I turned to him. He was on his side, arm folded beneath the pillow his head now rested on. The other hand was on the bed between us. He seemed peaceful for once, the crease between his brows had softened considerably. For several minutes I just laid there on my back, eyes on him, watching him sleep. It had always brought me comfort in some odd way. Being at his side meant more to me than I could ever describe, it always had. Some of his hair had fallen over his shoulder, I reached for it and brushed it back but also brushing some of it behind his ear.

When I did, Thranduil took in a deep breath and shifted out of my reach but did not wake up as he turned to lie on his back, head turned the other way. I smiled at him because the crease had returned between his brows, even in his sleep he disliked it. I slowly lowered my hand again before turning to my side, settling like he had laid with an arm folded underneath the pillow my head rested on.

Thranduil exhaled deeply and shifted to get comfortable, the white shirt he was wearing shifted with him, allowing me to see the scars on his left shoulder. I felt a slight twinge of sorrow but tried to push it down, what had happened had happened. While I watched him, his breathing remained heavy and came in a steady rhythm, leaving me to believe he was still asleep when I sat up. He had at some point gotten up to dress again after our coupling this morning. Apparently, he still found comfort in his layers.

But when I turned, intending to scoot off the bed an arm wrapped around my midsection, yanking me right back. A shriek left me before I understood it was Thranduil who had intercepted me. The initial surprise was replaced with relief before an anxious laugh escaped me. Thranduil inhaled deeply again while I came to lie on my side right in front of him, my back against his chest. I could feel his regular exhale against the back of my neck. I shivered with the sensation before Thranduil shifted closer and lips pressed against the skin on the back of my neck. An involuntary moan escaped me because I had not been prepared for his actions.

Then arms wrapped around me even tighter. I didn't protest when he brought me closer, essentially wrapping himself around me. Another kiss was pressed to the soft skin on the back of my neck before the lips moved up to my left ear. Another strangled moan escaped me when he playfully bit into the earlobe. I arched against him. He was playing with fire, igniting the desire there had been last night once more. I wanted more. Wanted him to touch me, explore my body as he had done last night but Thranduil shifted a hand to my cheek when I tried to move away from him before he leant in over me, lips claiming my own. The kiss deep and almost desperate.