Chapter 15: Hope

Hi everyone! Sorry it took me damn near 2 months to upload. It's been a crazy time around here, between the new classes and the wedding mostly, I have been running around trying to get everything done. I whipped this very short chapter now, hoping to get something posted before I went to work. I know it isn't much, but I hope you all like it anyways. :) Hoping I don't have a huge break like that again, but hard to say right now. I know a chunk of that was because I got sucked into this short Supernatural story I started writing, but now that it's done, I should be back to normal. Maybe. Anyways... hope you all like this. :)

*******************************************************************

Adrianna fumed silently, grasping her cup of tea tightly. The girl was still visibly upset about Tom's negligence to tell her about working with Jade. Once again, it had made the tabloids, all over the internet. Adrianna was hardly able to check her email without catching a glimpse of the rumors about her boyfriend that were spreading like wildfire.

The girl glanced briefly at her phone, which still sat on the table, not making a sound. She still hadn't heard anything from Tom, despite her sending him a "we need to talk message." Adrianna tried to shrug it off, thinking he was busy with filming, but then in the back of her mind she thought, With Jade. She rolled her eyes at the thought. Adrianna was trying her hardest not to be jealous, but with every passing second it was becoming increasingly more difficult. She took a sip of her tea in a futile attempt to calm herself.

Marisa was seated across from her, not saying a word. What could she say? There wasn't anything the girl could say to ease her friend's mind at this point. All Marisa could do was sit and wait to see if her best friend needed her for anything. "Are you okay?" she asked quietly.

"As great as I can be for right now," Adrianna muttered. She looked at her phone once again before looking at Marisa. "Have you heard from Valarie?"

"She said she was heading over when she got out of work," Marisa answered. "So really she should be here in about an hour or so."

"Fantastic," Adrianna sighed, setting her cup on the table. She closed her eyes, forcing herself to breathe deeply. She truly had no reason to be upset yet, but she was growing all the more worried as time went on. If Tom had nothing to hide, why wasn't he replying to her? Why hadn't he told her when he found out he was going to be working with his ex? Adrianna tried to shake the thought from her mind, but she was finding it difficult.

"Erm... did you have anything figured out for dinner?" Marisa asked, somewhat randomly.

The girl shrugged to her friend's inquiry. "I don't really care. Have Valarie pick up some Chinese food or something. I probably won't eat much anyways."

"I know you're upset, Dree, but you need to eat something," Marisa scolded, folding her arms across her chest. "Starving yourself is not the answer."

Adrianna shrugged again. "Neither is drowning myself in Supernatural, but you're letting me do that anyways."

Marisa gave her friend a stern look. "Yea, but that's not going to kill you."

"You soooooo don't know what you're talking about love," Adrianna sighed. "That show, as much as I love it... I have deemed isn't helping my emotional state right now."

Marisa rolled her eyes. "No kidding. You're either screaming at the TV, hoping someone will hear you and not do something, crying because something traumatic happened, or fangirling because the one guy did something hot." She sighed. "That show makes me question your sanity more than Harry Potter and Artemis Fowl ever did."

Adrianna stood, shoving her phone in her pocket. "Risa, I have never been sane. And judging how the past twenty-four hours have gone, the outlook for my sanity's safe return doesn't look promising." She glanced up at the clock before looking at her friend again. "And well... since Val won't be here for a while, I think it is safe to assume I can fit another episode in."

The older brunette girl stalked out of the dining area, and out of Marisa's sight. Marisa frowned slightly. She honestly didn't know what to do. She had only seen Adrianna this upset a few other times, so she wasn't quite sure how to deal with it. And even then, it wasn't the man Adrianna had loved more than life itself, the one who had swept her off her feet when everything looked grim; it wasn't Tom. Marisa checked her phone one more time, seeing if Rupert had messaged her back. She had nothing to worry about, but she was really hoping he would respond soon with good news, mainly so Adrianna would get back to normal.

Just as she was about to place her phone on the counter, it rang. And at that moment, Marisa had hope everything was going to be okay after all.