Chapter 5: Subtle Hints

Hey everyone! Sorry about the delay, as always. You know how busy my life has been recently between class and work, so I honestly have no clue how I got this written. Admittedly I think a lot of the reason it took forever was because I wanted this to be a big chapter, and show a progression of Adrianna and Tom's relationship. I'm a bit rusty with writing things like this, so I apologize in advance. Another reason it took forever... I wanted an excuse not to write the depressing chapter for Kiss Me, I'm Irish. =P But anyhow... without further to do, I now present you chapter 5! Hope you all enjoy!

************************************************************************

The following day, Adrianna decided to use her day off towards cleaning up the house. Since she and Tom had both been so busy with their own activities, they had neglected their duties around the house. While Tom was finishing up the last day of filming, Adrianna decided to surprise him with a clean house when he got home. As boring as it sounded, Adrianna knew it needed to be done.

The girl hadn't even changed out of her pajamas yet. There was no point. She was just going to get all sweaty as she vacuumed and dusted and scrubbed. Once everything was clean, then she would worry about making sure she herself was clean. On top of that, she had to figure out what dinner was as well. For once, she wanted to be the one to set up a cute little date for when Tom got home. It had been a while since they had done anything together, and she thought it was about time that they did. Adrianna had even woken up early to get a start on it.

A few hours of cleaning the house from top to bottom, Adrianna was finally done. Not to mention pleased with her work. To make it even better, she still had three hours before Tom got home to figure out dinner and make herself presentable. The girl bounded up the stairs, heading to the bedroom she shared with Tom. Adrianna rummaged through her closet, in a desperate attempt to find something nice to wear. Eventually the girl decided on a form-fitting black dress that had a few sheer places cut out on the sides and arms. Adrianna hadn't worn this dress yet, and she had been saving it for a special occasion; this was as good a time as any.

After selecting some shoes and jewelry to go with her dress, Adrianna went and jumped into the shower. Adrianna had plenty of time, so she took her time and just enjoyed the warmth. After washing up, and wasting several more minutes debating when she was ready to get cold, Adrianna finally stepped out of the shower, dried off, and squeezed herself into the dress. From there, Adrianna did her hair and makeup, something she hadn't actually done in a while. With everything going on, Dree hadn't had too much time to care about how she looked. But tonight, she was going to make an exception. With one quick spray of perfume, she stepped out of the bathroom and made her way back down to the kitchen.

Adrianna stared at the fridge for a moment, wondering what she was going to cook for dinner. The girl opened it, hoping something awesome was inside. Much to her displeasure, nothing had been taken out, and she had no time to unthaw anything from the freezer. Sighing, Adrianna shut the fridge and made her way towards the cupboard, where she was hoping she would find something worth making. Eventually, Adrianna decided the only thing worth making was spaghetti. So without a moment to spare, the girl began working on making one of her favorite meals. She was just hoping Tom would be in the mood for it.

She made a heap of pasta, spiced up a can of sauce, and made a few slices of garlic bread as well. She started to set the table, placing plates and forks in places from across each other. Adrianna placed the food carefully on the table before she went back to the cabinet for a few cups. After debating it over in her head for a few moments, Adrianna finally settled on wine glasses- something she had never seen used. Plus, they went perfectly with the moscato in the fridge. She carefully poured the white wine into the glasses and set them down in the appropriate places. As her final touch, Adrianna added a few candles to the center of the table. As she was lighting the last one, Adrianna heard a car pull into the driveway; she had finished right on time.