Chapter 7: More Than Changing

Hey everyone. Sorry about the HUGE delay. I was busy, and then once I was unbusy, I got struck with the WORST case of writer's block I have ever experienced. So I hope this chapter isn't too bad. I know it's short, but I hope you all enjoy it anyways and forgive me for my terribly streaky uploads recently.

*************************************************************************

"How do you think we did?" Rupert inquired.

Tom thought about it for a moment. The two of them were just walking out of the auditions for a new movie. The both of them had tried out, in hopes that perhaps they would be able to land roles. It was a shot in the dark, but at the same time the guys figured why not? It was entertaining to say the least, and it killed some time.

"We did fine," Tom eventually answered. "All things considered, I think you did better than I did."

Rupert snorted, leaning against the door of Tom's car for a moment. "Like hell I did." Tom said not a word as he unlocked the car's doors and jumped in the driver's seat. Rupert joined him on the passenger's side, and continued speaking. "Seriously, you think I did better than you?"

Tom nodded, starting up the car and pulling out into traffic. "Yes, I do. I had a really off day today for some reason."

"Off day?" Rupert raised an eyebrow. "You never have off days. Especially when it comes to acting."

Tom shrugged, only half paying attention to the conversation. "Just tired today, I suppose," he muttered quietly.

"Are you feeling alright?" Rupert asked, slightly concerned. "Did something happen?"

"Oh something happened alright," Tom admitted as they came to a stop at a traffic light. He turned and gave Rupert his characteristic smirk, and Rupert knew right away what he meant.

"About time!" Rupert yelled, almost loud enough for the people in the car next to them could hear them.

"Yeah, yeah," Tom tried to silence his friend. "It's not that big a deal, really..."

"What do you mean, 'not a big deal?' It's a major step for you guys," Rupert went on. "I was beginning to wonder if it was ever going to happen for you and Dree."

As the light changed from red to green, Tom sighed when he shifted off the break and back to the gas. It was a conversation he had been avoiding all day. He had always been a private individual, and although Rupert was like another brother to him, there were certain things he wasn't quite sure about sharing with him. His sex life being one of them. Although he was certain Rupert was the least of his problems in that department. Rupert was always supportive of him, so what he was about to hear wasn't anything new.

"I know, I know," Tom sighed. "I'm still a bit shocked myself really. I mean... when we met she was certain on waiting, and now? I'm honestly concerned as to her recent change of heart."

"What did she say?" Rupert asked.

"That she had changed her mind, and that regardless to what happened, she wouldn't regret it," Tom recalled.

"Maybe she's trying to give you a hint?" Rupert suggested, shifting in his seat slightly so he could use the cup-holder as an arm rest.

"A hint for what?" Tom asked back. Last he knew, Adrianna hadn't hinted at anything really. Why would changing her views be giving him a hint?

Rupert shrugged. "Well, didn't she say before she wanted to wait until she was married?" When Tom nodded, the redhead continued. "Well maybe she's trying to say 'hey I want to marry this crazy Tom guy.' I mean, random guess but it's all I got."

Marriage? The idea hadn't crossed Tom's mind in what seemed like an eternity. Once upon a time, he was fond of the idea, and then someone ruined it for him. Then again, the idea had been tarnished for Adrianna as well. One day somewhere towards the middle of their relationship, the idea had been brought up, but that was the only time it had been discussed. And even then, how did Rupert know what Adrianna thought about it?

"You think so?" Tom asked, disregarding the fact that Rupert had called him crazy.

Rupert shrugged. "Hell if I know. She's your woman, Tom. Maybe you should talk to her about it?"

Tom thought about it. Maybe he would. After all, he did have to pick her up from Valarie's. They would have plenty of time after that to discuss what was coursing through her mind. It wasn't that Tom was worried about it; it was just strange for a girl so stuck in her ways to change her mind on something so serious. Tom was sincerely hoping that it was a decision that Adrianna made on her own, and not with the influence of her friends.

"I'll talk to her tonight about it," Tom stated. "Besides, I do have to bring up going to see this play in a few days as well."

"Perfect timing, right?" Rupert asked.

"Got nothing better to do," the blond admitted. "Besides, it is something important." He took a deep breath. "Let's not talk about it anymore until I've been able to talk to her about it, mmkay?"

"Alright," Rupert muttered. "When do you have to get her from Val's?"

Tom shrugged. "Told her it wouldn't be until this evening sometime. I'll text her when we get to the restaurant."

"Restaurant?"

"I figured we worked hard and deserved lunch, or dinner, or whatever you want to call it right now," Tom answered.

Rupert nodded, not saying another word, leaving Tom's thoughts to dance about in his head. What if Adrianna was trying to give him a major clue as to what she wanted with their relationship? And if that was the case, was he truly ready for it?