Chapter 9: Good News

Sorry for the delay everyone. Been busy with more graduation parties and the like. Plus I've been getting ready to go on a mini vacation this weekend with my fiance along with my best friend and her fiance. Should be a blast, but I thought I would upload this short (but important) chapter before I left on Saturday. Plus, in sort of celebration that We Belong Together has finally reached over 50,000 reads! :D Thanks everyone! Anyhow, I hope you all enjoy this!

**********************************************************************************

Adrianna dropped the mop back in the bucket, taking a quick break. One of the fish tanks at work had sprung a leak, so now it was her duty to clean up the mess it had created. She had already done the duty of transporting all the fish to a different tank; now she just had to mop up the water that was now all over the tiled floor. It was only one thirty in the afternoon, and the girl was already exhausted from the day's activities; she still had several hours of work to go.

This was not how Adrianna had planned on spending this day. She was hoping this work day would pass smoothly, without incidence. But unfortunately, today had been one of those days in which anything that could go wrong would go wrong. Adrianna just wanted to get through the rest of this day without ending up in an insane asylum or prison.

She resumed cleaning, although she debated how much of this mopping was actually helping. She was just spreading dirty water, after all. Adrianna was tired of mopping and was ready to pass it off to one of her inferiors. Or better yet just place a wet floor sign and move onto another task. Either way, she was over it.

Adrianna put the mop back in the bucket of dirty water, moving it out of the way. After a quick search of a nearby aisle, Adrianna found a wet floor sign, propping it in the middle of the slowly drying puddle. Upon finishing that, the girl snatched up the mop and bucket and made her way back to the storage area to put them away until some other emergency occurred.

Once she finished that, the girl made her way back to the tanks. She had to double check on the job she did with moving the fish. Sometimes, fish would freak out when they were moved from tank to tank, and would then die. The last thing Adrianna needed was for half the fish to have died. That would prove to be catastrophic in more ways than one.

Oddly enough, when Adrianna arrived back at the fish department, she found someone waiting for her- someone she wasn't expecting to see until later. Without a doubt, she knew it was Tom, although she had no clue as to why he was there.

"Tom, what are you doing here?" she said, coming to a stop in front of him.

"Well, I can't stop in to tell you good news?" he asked.

Adrianna raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean? Good news?"

Tom nodded. "Both Rupert and I got roles in that movie we auditioned for," he explained. "We'll be starting filming here in two weeks time."

"Well that's great!" Adrianna exclaimed, glad there was finally something worth smiling about that day. "Where do you have to go to film it?"

Tom rubbed the back of his neck, sheepishly. "Well... that's the bad news... We have to go back to America to film it, and I honestly have no clue as to how long we'll be gone."

Adrianna frowned slightly. This was not the first time Tom had to leave to go film a movie on a different continent, but it still made Adrianna slightly depressed anyways. "Well, where are you going in America?" she eventually asked.

"Details are still a little foggy," Tom admitted. "We should be figuring that out within the next week or so. But I was hoping we could go back early, and maybe do something."

"Like?" Adrianna raised an eyebrow.

Tom thought about it for a second. "Well isn't it hockey season now? Maybe we could get some tickets, see a game or two before I have to go to wherever they tell me to?"

Adrianna smirked. There was the kicker. Tom knew Adrianna wouldn't turn down seeing her favorite team in action. "Well, I suppose we'll just have to see if I can get some time off work. I could really only go between Friday and Sunday though; got class Tuesday through Thursday. So we could leave after I get out of class on Thursday."

Tom nodded, thinking everything over in his head. "Alright. Well, request next weekend off, and I'll check game times. We'll figure everything out when you get home, mmkay?"

Adrianna nodded. "Sounds good to me," she answered. "You go home and stay out of trouble, alright?"

Tom laughed for a second before answering her. "Me? In trouble? Never," he joked, voice dripping with sarcasm. He gave his girlfriend a quick kiss before adding, "I'll see you when you get home, love. You get out at five, right?"

"Yea, unfortunately," Adrianna replied, pushing a stray hair from her eyes.

"I'll have dinner done," Tom stated. "Hope the rest of your day is better."

"Should be now," Adrianna answered, smiling. That was certainly worth looking forward to. "See you then!"

"Alright Dree," Tom said. "Love you and see you at home."

"Love you too," Adrianna responded.

After she said that, Tom began walking away, making his way out of the store's front door, leaving her standing there alone. Once her boyfriend was out of sight, Adrianna decided it was time to get back to work. Although she had a rough start to her day, seeing Tom, and hearing the plans definitely brightened her outlook on the rest of the work day. As the girl began straightening out the jumbled shelves nearby, she couldn't help but wonder what the near future had to offer. She just hoped it was just as positive as the news Tom received...