Chapter 2: Testing

Sorry this took so long guys! Got swarmed with homework and wedding stuff. For anyone who wants to know on how that's going, just ask. Not afraid to talk about it. I just figure I won't bore all of you readers with it. =P Anyhow, sorry about the wait. Here's chapter two!

**************************************************************

If there was one class Adrianna had learned to hate, it was biology. Growing up, and all throughout her high school years, the girl had thought the subject was easy, something she would always be able to handle. And then, college hit, sending her understanding of the subject down the drain. So, here she was, attempting to study for her first exam in the class while she ate her lunch. Admittedly, she hadn't gotten very far, and she was beginning to wonder if she wasn't in over her head.

The girl stared absent-mindedly at her textbook, definitely thinking she was wasting her time taking this course. Sure, a lot of it she had learned in previous years, but this was a whole new level of crazy that she hadn't experienced yet. Plus it didn't help that the professor was an unbearable witch. Adrianna had never walked into a class and within fifteen minutes dislike the professor before she had stepped into her biology class.

Adrianna's thoughts were interrupted when she noticed someone take a seat across from her. She glanced up from her book to see Marisa sitting before her, a smile on her face. "Studying again?" she asked.

Adrianna sighed. "What do you think? This class is going to be the death of me. I've been studying since last night, and I honestly have no grasp on this. I mean, I thought I knew this stuff, but then this psycho woman makes everything about eight billion times harder to understand."

Marisa resisted the urge to smack her friend. "Dree... you know you're going to do fine. Why are you so stressed about it? You're super smart- you're going to kill this exam."

Adrianna frowned. Marisa was always confident in Adrianna's abilities; Adrianna was not. Although she knew she was bright, Adrianna was not over-full of herself. The girl knew she had flaws, and she was beginning to think that this was not the subject for her. "I dunno, Risa. If I don't know it by now, I'm not going to know it in a few hours. I'm about to say screw it and quit."

"It's only the first exam. If you mess up now, you can always make up for it later on," Marisa reminded. "I mean, really. You're going to do fine. I know you will."

Adrianna sighed, shutting her book. The girl was honestly defeated. There was no point in her trying to study anymore. It was hard enough when she was alone, let alone with Marisa talking to her. She pushed it and her notes out of the way, clearing the space in front of her. Before the girl could say anything else, Marisa went back to talking.

"So how's Tom?" she asked.

Adrianna shrugged. "He's fine. He's been busy shooting that movie downtown for a while now. Apparently they're almost done with that one, so he's been looking into other roles to go into after this one is all said and done."

"Well, that's certainly good! I bet he's excited," Marisa said. "And I'm sure you're proud of him."

"I am," Adrianna assured. Although after she had said it, Adrianna realized how drab she had sounded about the whole thing. Most people would've been excited about it; Adrianna sounded bored to death.

Marisa raised her eyebrow at her friend. "You don't sound so thrilled. Is something wrong? You're not fighting are you?"

Adrianna shook her head. "No, we hardly ever fight. You know that." She paused for a minute, trying to think of the best way to word the delicate situation she and Tom were in. "I'm not bored with him. I'm bored with everything else in my life, if that makes sense. I'm bored with coming here every day, working at a dead end job, going home, and then repeating."

"Well, isn't that why you come here? So that one day you don't have this repetitive schedule and boring career?" Marisa questioned.

"I guess. But it's just killing me, you know?" Adrianna stated. "I need some excitement, something different."

"Don't you and Tom do anything fun?" Marisa inquired.

"Well yea, but we don't get to all the time," Adrianna answered, taking a drink from her bottle of water. "Our schedules are just so hectic by the time he and I get home, we both are just ready to eat and go to bed."

Marisa frowned. "Well we'll have to change that. How about the four of us go out tomorrow night after we're all done with work? Catch dinner and a movie or something?"

Adrianna thought about it for a moment. Would that work? It had been a while since she, Tom, Marisa, and Rupert had all gone somewhere together. Perhaps a small outing would provide her with some sort of differentiation in her normally boring life. Besides, she knew Marisa was going to insist. "Alright," she sighed. "Sounds good. But I'll run it by Tom when I get home tonight and let you know. What about Val and Matt?"

Marisa shrugged. "They've been gone for a few days now. No idea where they went. Hard to say with them though."

"Figures," Adrianna responded. Val and Matt, when they weren't fighting, were smothering each other with love and affection, not to mention trips to random places. Adrianna definitely found their relationship to be rather odd, but never said anything about it. It wasn't her place.

The girl glanced at the clock. Time flied when you were studying and talking with friends. Adrianna had ten minutes to get to her exam. "Well, Risa, I'll have to talk more later. Gotta get ready to fail."

"Shut up; you'll do fine," Marisa assured. "Text me later!"

"Alright, alright," Adrianna promised, as she gathered her belongings, stowing them in her bag. "See you a bit later."

The girl took a deep breath, trying her hardest to relax before she got to the testing room. Adrianna couldn't help but to get nervous before exams; it was something she had always done, and it certainly wasn't going to change now. Adrianna walked down a few flights of stairs, before finally entering a large lecture hall on the first floor. The girl took a seat in the middle of the classroom, immediately pulling out her pencil.

Once the test began, all Adrianna could focus on was the plans she may have made with Marisa. Although it was really nothing new for them, Adrianna had honestly forgotten the last time they had all been somewhere together. A lot of things had happened since then; Adrianna was hoping that it hadn't changed drastically. The only way she'd know for sure though was if Tom said yes to going...