Chapter One

Okay, guys go easy on me, because it's my first story. But, I hope you like it. c:

Luna's POV:

I was laying on the grass staring at the clear blue sky. There was a cool breeze, and there wasn't a single cloud in sight. It was a decent spring afternoon I guess. It was the beginning of April, and it was also the last day of spring beak. It's a shame though... I didn't really do anything exciting. All I did was finish these huge homework packets, watch over my little brother while my older sister was at work, and sometimes I went for a swim in our new and improved indoor pool if it got hot enough. The hottest it's been so far is at least 83 degrees. I mean, this is New York we're talking about. The hottest it should be right now is 70. But eh, that's global warming for you.

"Luna, I'm heading off to work! Do you think you could bring Griffin to the park, or at least take him out somewhere while I'm gone?"
That's my older sister, Jennifer. She has blue eyes and long brown hair that reached only to her shoulder. She wasn't fat, but she wasn't skinny. And, she was tall, about 5'7" to 5'8" I'd say.

I sort of resembled my sister a little. We had the same eyes, but my hair was longer then hers. I always had my bangs flowing to my right while Jen had her front bangs barely covering her eyes. I was in good shape, and I stood at 5'4". I was only 17, and Jen was 21. She also worked at a pizzeria that's about 15 minutes away from here.

"Do I have to?" I dragged my words while stretching out my body as I turned to lay on my side.

"Well, do you have anything better to do?" She asked in an annoyed tone of voice.

"Ugh, no, I don't." I sighed, and sat up. "Fine, I'll take him out later, okay?"

"Thanks." Jen crouched down next to me and kissed my cheek. "I'll see you guys later tonight." She got up, and made her way to her car that was parked in the driveway. I watched as she drove off, and once she was out of site, I got up, and made my way back inside my house.
I entered through the back entrance since that door was already open. It lead to the kitchen, and the first thing I saw was the clock.

"2pm sharp." I said to myself. "Ugh, better see what little Griffin is up to. I ran upstairs to my little brother's room, and didn't even bother to knock. I just gently kicked his door open and invited myself inside. I think he was way too busy playing Pokemon: HeartGold on his Nintendo DS to even notice me intruding in his room.

He looked up at me, but then back down quickly to his game. "Ever heard of knocking?" ...Okay, maybe he wasn't as concetrated as I thought.

"Ever heard of, 'I don't care?'"

"Ugh, whatever." He turned off his game and ran his hand through his dark brown hair. "What do you want anyway?"

"Upon request, Jen asked me to take you out somewhere. She suggested the park, but I figured you'd want to go to the mall instead. The park is most likely filled with a bunch of 5 year olds, and with you almost 14, I doubt that's where you want to be."

My brother's brown eyes lit up with excitement, but quickly dimmed back down. He was trying to put on his "Tough guy act."
"Whatever." He hopped off of his bed, and stretched. "As long as I get to go out for once. This spring break has been so boring."

"I know. Jen just wants to make sure that we're safe."

"Yeah, but by keeping us locked up in this house? The only place we get to go without her supervision is school. Sheesh, ever since those wolves killed mom and dad it's like I don't have a life anymore." My brother exclaimed.

I sighed. "You have a point, Griffin, but I really don't want to talk about this right now. Come on, let's get out of here before Jen calls us and tells us to stay home instead."

"You think she'd do that?"

"I don't know, and frankly, I don't want to find out." I said as I walked out of his room. I heard him shuffling his stuff around, most likely trying to find a pair of shoes.

I entered my room, grabbed a plain black shirt, and put it over the grey tank top I was originally wearing. I got my car keys and locked the house before I walked out. I spotted my brother leaning against the hood.

"What, are you trying to act cool now?" I playfully asked him while unlocking my white 2011 Dodge Charger.

"Shut up." Was all he said before getting in the passenger seat.

During the ride to the mall, Griffin listened to his iPod and looked out the window the whole time. As for me, I was trying to remember exactly what happened the night my parents died.

It was only about 4 years ago, but some things are a bit shady to me. I was 13, Griffin was 10, and Jen was about 17. We went on a 3 day camping trip over the summer. I remember that I was out wondering around in the woods with Griffin while Jen went out to look for twigs and sticks for a fire. My parents stayed at the camp site.

After that, all I can remember is that my brother and I went back to our camp site, and our parents were lying on the ground covered in blood next to what was supposed to be our camp fire. Jen was hiding in one of the tents with minor cuts and scratches. To be honest, I don't remember how we got home that night, but I know that we couldn't have driven home. Our parents brought the car, but we couldn't find the car keys.

All I know is that ever since that night, my life has changed. Griffin wasn't as rude as he is now, or maybe that's just puberty. Jen set up some unfair ground rules, and I developed some kind of fear towards dogs, especially wolves. Little did I know that one wolf would later take me on a roller coaster ride.

------------
Merp.
So...
Fan, Comment, and Vote? :]