Chapter Fourteen

Sapphire's POV

"Well, well, well, if it isn't Sapphire herself."

I stopped in my tracks as I heard a male's voice from behind me. I turned around to see who it was. It was only my cousin, limping towards my direction.

"What do you want James?" I asked in annoyance.

"Just wanted to know how your little human friend is doing. She's not with you is she?"

"No, I brought her home."

"Aw, such a shame. I wanted to start over with her, possibly apologize for what I did to her earlier on. I should've attempted to make her death more swift instead of messing around with her."

"Listen here James, because I'm only going to say this once." I stepped up to my cousin and exposed my teeth. The alpha side of me was showing. I let out a dangerous and menacing growl before speaking. "If you ever attempt another stunt like that again, I swear to God I'll be at your throat within an instant."

"Hey, hey, calm down. I don't make the orders, I just follow them." James snarled back at me and bared his fangs at me. "But, in this case I can make an exception. You're not going to be the Alpha anymore, I don't have to follow any of your orders."

'if you were smart and if you valued your life, you'd listen to me now." I felt myself getting more heated with every passing second. I was about to pounce on him at any second, but another family member stepped on the scene.

"That's enough you two." Our grandmother walked towards us, along with Topaz. Topaz was the only one that was in her wolf form though. "It's late, you both should be home right now, especially you Sapphire."

"I would've been home by now if this excuse for a pup didn't stop me." I said, signalling to James.

"Enough. I don't want to hear it. You're already in trouble for having a hunter close to our territory."

"How did you know about that?"

"I overheard Artemis telling Carmen about it." Topaz spoke up. "I got worried, and I was about to request a search party, but there's no need for one since we already found you." My sister walked over to me and nuzzled my neck.

"I assume you'll be taking your sister home, Topaz?"

"Yeah, I got it from here."

"Good." Our grandma looked at me a little longer than she should've. Her glare gave me the slight chills. "Come on James, let's go."

James growled at me one last time before walking off with our grandmother.

"We should be going home too." Topaz motioned to me.

"I'm in trouble for having her near territory, aren't I?" I don't even need to ask, I already knew the answer.

My sister looked at me with concern filled in her eyes. "There's going to be a meeting in a few days with the Elders. You have to be there, and they'll discuss everything with you."

I groaned in response. The last thing I wanted to happen was to come face to face with the Elders again. I could possibly find a way to avoid the meeting though.

"Don't even think about trying to get your way out of this gathering, Sapphire."

Damn mind link.

"I'm serious." My sister scolded. "You might also want to consider staying away from Luna."

"Why?" I turned to look at her with a serious face.