Chapter Eight

Jen's POV

It was my day off from work today, and with my siblings off at school and all, I took the opportunity to sit down and relax until they came home. Ever since yesterday, I've been stressing myself out. I needed a break from the outside world right now. Luna and Griffin usually arrive home at 2:30, that is if they're not staying after for any sports or activities. It was 2:45 right now, and I was starting to get a little worried. What if something had happened to them? I know I may be a bit overprotective, but after that incident 4 years ago, I have every right to be.

"Jen, we're home." I heard my sister call out from the kitche. She and Griffin entered the living room, where I was relaxing. "Sorry we're kind of late. We got held back a little."

"Don't worry about it. So, how was school?"

"Same old, same old." Griffin plopped himself down and the couch.

"It was not 'same old, same old.' He just doesn't want you to know that he met somebody." Luna chimed in.

"Oh? Who is this somebody, may I ask?"

"Her name's Carmen, and no. She's not my girlfriend."

"She's not his girlfriend.. Yet." My sister teased.

"Oh, shut up, Luna. You met someone too, so stop picking on me." My brother complained, defensively.

"And, who did you meet, Luna?"

"I just met Carmen's sister, that's all. She was just picking her up, it's not like she was flirting with me, or anything."

"Someone's a horrible liar. She was so flirting with you, and you were drooling just thinking about her the whole ride home."

"Griffin, she was not flirting. Besides, I doubt she's into girls."

"Yeah, sure. Believe what you want. I'm going upstairs to start my homework." My brother walked off.

"So, am I going to have to worry about our brother having any children soon?" I joked.

"Ha, I doubt it. With me around to monitor him at school, we won't have to worry about that."

I nodded. "True, true. And, what about you?"

"What about me?" Luna was trying to play dumb.

"You know... Are you finally going to stop rejecting every girl that asks you out, and give this one a chance?"

"Jen, come on now. I really don't think this girl is into other girls like that. Besides if she was, I only met her once, and there's a slim chance that I'd ever see her again."

"Okay, Luna, if you insist. But, did she even give you her name?"

"Yeah, uh, I think she said her name was Sapphire, or something."

And that's when I felt my body freeze. "Sapphire?"

"Uh huh." My sister confirmed.

The only Sapphire I knew of was the one that belonged to the Daze Wolf Pack. Last time I heard of her was that she was stripped of her future Alpha position, and the elders of that pack were on the hunt for the new Alpha. I knew Sapphire and my sister had a special connection, but I wouldn't allow them to bond anymore more than how they did the night their pack attacked. Luna doesn't remember everything about that night, and I've been making sure that it stays that way for the longest while now, but now, could it be that Sapphire is trying to make her way back into my sister's life? If so, I'm not going to allow such a thing to happen.