Chapter Sixteen

Luna's POV:

Friday night. The night of Senior prom. I couldn't help but to feel excited about the whole damn event. Thought I felt a little bad that I wasn't going with my girlfriend. Even though Sapphire didn't want to go with me, I still felt like she wanted the prom experience. She didn't finish high school after all, so she never got to go.

I finally found a dress that I could wear. It was long and blue. It was also my sister's prom dress, but I think I rocked it better, because it matches my eyes.

As I was staring at myself in the mirror, making sure I looked alright, my sister slowly came in. Her jaw dropped to the floor as soon as she saw me.

"Do I look okay?" I figured I'd ask.

"You look wonderful." Jen stepped in some more, and Griffin followed from behind. "If Mom and Dad were here they'd be going all out taking pictures and what not. I'd know, I had to experience that part. But, don't worry, I won't do that to you."

"Thanks." I smiled at her, then looked back into the mirror.

"You know, it's too bad you don't have a girl to go with."

"I'll be fine going with my friends, sis. I don't mind."

"But, it's prom." She pointed out then sat on my bed. "You could at least go with Tina."

I scoffed. "That's not happening. We're just hang out as friends."

"It's obvious that she has a crush on you." Griffin blurted out. I glared at him, and soon enough he held his hands up as a surrender, and he walked out of my room.

"You know," Jen started, "he has a point. And, he's what? 14?"

"I've made it known that I only want her as a friend. Do you think my hair is okay?"

"Your hair looks wonderful." Jen came up to my and twirled the ends of my already curled hair. "You have a ride right?" She suddenly asked.

"Yeah, a limo should be here anytime now."

"Okay. I have to head off. I have a job interview soon, and I don't want to be late. I trust Griffin to be by himself, so he shouldn't burn down the house. But you, be safe, okay?"

"I will.'

My sister hugged me, and then she ran off. I continued stared at myself in the mirror. Even though Jen said I looked okay, I was still a little self conscious.

"You look stunning."

I jumped a little, then turned around to look out my room window. "You know, I knew I should've left that thing closed."

Sapphire hopped off of a tree from outside and made her way in my room. "It's a good thing you left it open, for me at least." She came and wrapped her arms around my waist. She kept staring me up and down.

"Like what you see?" I teased her.

"Very much." She smiled and kissed me lightly. "Is there any way I could convince you to stay home, so that I could admire you in that dress some more?"

"Nope, I paid for my ticket and everything, so you're out of luck."

"Damn it, it was worth a try." She shrugged.

I chuckled at her attempt, and kissed her again. She quickly deepended our kiss, and held me closer to her. She soon moved her lips over to my neck, and lightly bit on my skin.

"Get a room." We heard another voice interrupt our moment. Carmen appeared behind her sister. She had her eyes covered with her hands.

"Well, technically we already have, since this is my room." I told her.