Author's Note

I'm not always inspired.

For those who have been following me for a while now, you've probably seen me come in and out of some relatively long periods of time where I don't publish anything, and trust me, it's not that I don't want to. It's just that the words don't flow. They stay hidden, stuck in some place I don't know how to reach.

Luckily, I've been on a roll these last few days. I have written something every single day for the past 7 days and I think that's a record for me. You might find this ridiculous, but for me it's a big step. But I digress.

This morning, I walked to work. I try to do that everyday, but it's a fairly long walk (I'm talking one hour here) so I'm not always up to it. But today, the sun was shining bright for the first time in a very long time, so I dug out my Converse sneakers, put my rain boots away, and started walking.

And then, right there in the middle of my walk, it just happened.

I figured out the end of this story. 

See, for some time now, I had been unsure of what to do, how to end this so that it would make sense but readers wouldn't be too disappointed. But I found my answers in a simple walk, and I just can't believe I have actually spent so much time over-thinking and twisting ideas, tossing them around for nothing. 

I guess this update has two purposes:

One: we've all known it for a while, but this story is nearing its end, and now that I know exactly where it's going, it's not gonna take much longer. I'm both excited and anxious, thrilled and sad. But that's how all stories goes: they end. And I hope you'll enjoy this one.

Two: inspiration comes in many forms, and if you can't find it, it's probably just that you're not looking in the right place.