play cool

Damien came home later in the afternoon.I heard his car pull up in the drive way when I was in the kitchen.I quickly left for to the bedroom. Minutes later a knock on my door.
Damien came in.
"the meeting has been canceled yesterday I forgot to inform  you.we will be heading back tomorrow "
I knotted without saying a word and then he left.
All I want is to be back in the comfort  of my house and I also need to tell Naomi about all of this.I feel as if I could explode anytime.
*************************
"Rain dear it's such a beautiful day to be cooped up how about you and I take a walk to the barn".
Miss Lisbon it's really not necessary I don't want to bother.Anyways I have work that I need to finish thank you very much though"I  answered politely
"I won't take No for an answer.one hour tops and then you are back "
Not wanting her to keep on insisting  I said yes.
********
As we entered the barn I couldn't hide my excitement.I love animals! especially if they are fluffy.I went to stand in front of the stall that had a beautiful full sized grown white stallion.
"that's knight, pretty fast too "
"He is beautiful very beautiful" I whispered afraid to spook him.
He is Damien's favorite.Got it from his parents on his 21st birthday. The two of them are inseparable".
As we moved in the stables I heard voices.Two people I think.one I could tell was Damien the other was a female voice.I guess his female companion from last night decided to trail along.
They seemed to be arguing. I curiously followed the voices outside the barn.
The lady who was facing Damien was tall with blonde hair, wearing silver high heels and a short black dress she was throwing some kind of tantrum.Before I could go back inside Damien's eyes met mine.The lady turned to see what caught Damien's attention.
"Hey you come over " she ordered. I was reluctant at first but went still
I guess you are the girl I talked to yesterday right?OK, I need you to clear his schedule for three days.I  booked us a trip to Barbados  which I told him a month ago and he agreed .quite frankly I won't be traveling  alone, you are coming with me .what could possibly go wrong in three days If you are not at the company ." she said
''I told you that booking that trip was in vain, I have meetings back and forth for this whole month. We are expanding meaning a lot of work.Jenny, I will not change  my mind so please stop insisting better yet go and enjoy yourself "he said sternly
Feeling so out of place I simply asked if I could be excused.
''No you can't she said .it's your job to handle my man's schedule.I expect you to find a loop hole of some sort lady''.
"With all due respect until Mr. Alechino tells me to do so I won't do it.He is my boss so I do as he says and not you".
"Well aren't you a mouthful and what not! who do you think you are to talk to me like that huh? You are nothing more than ...she stopped talking as Damien stopped her.
''That's enough Julian  I'm not going and that is final .there is no need to take out your stress on her''.