SIXTEEN

Mature content, sex, strong language

"Are you ready babe?" "I'm coming right now!" I look in the mirror one last time to make sure I'm perfect. I'm wearing a knee-length, strapless, black dress with nude heels and a string of pearls.

It's been two weeks since I overheard Ethan's conversation and I've been on cloud nine ever since. Things have been so good between us; he's amazing. I can't believe I never realized.

We hadn't heard from Grayson since he left the clinic; he was already gone when we got home that night and had left a note saying he needed time to himself. Ethan was crushed and it made me so angry that he only thought of himself.

I walk into the kitchen to find Ethan wearing a black suit with a dark gray shirt and matching tie. He's holding Harper and the combination of this strong guy and this tiny baby makes my eyes water. "I'm ready," I murmur reaching for her. "You look so beautiful." I blush, "Thank you. You look great!" "Thanks."

We drop Harper off with my parents and drive to the restaurant. When we've finished eating, he orders dessert and my hands are shaking as I cut into the pastry. It's delicious! And it's empty...

I know it sounds corny but I thought the ring was going to be in the dessert. We leave the restaurant and drive to a park nearby and walk down to a small brook that has a bridge over it. I walk to the middle and look out over the flowing water. I can see my reflection and Ethan standing behind me.

Turning around I see his eyes rake over my body. I lean against the rail and gaze at him as he walks forward to stand in front of me. His fingers trace across my cheeks and he leans down to kiss me gently. When he pulls back, we stare at each other for a moment before he steps back and slips his hand into his pocket. OH MY GAH!!! This is it!

He pulls out a small black box and kneels down on his knee. He looks up at me with so much love in his eyes, "Blake Elizabeth Carter, you make me so happy. I've loved you all this time and now I want to ask you something," he pauses and I have to bite my tongue to keep from saying yes before he's finished.

"Will you marry me?" I nod as tears roll down my cheeks, "Yes Ethan, Yes!" He opens the box and takes the ring out as he stands up. I hold my shaking hand out so he can slip the ring onto my finger. I look at it for a second then I look at him and throw myself into his waiting arms.

He spins us in a circle as I press my lips to his then slowly he sets me on my feet still kissing me fiercely. All the way home I keep glancing at my new accessory; I've never seen anything more beautiful in my life. A large, square diamond is surrounded by small blue diamonds, the band is silver with diamonds set into it.

Ethan notices I'm deep in thought so he doesn't bother me opting instead to rub his hand up and down my thigh

Ethan notices I'm deep in thought so he doesn't bother me opting instead to rub his hand up and down my thigh. When we get home he walks around the truck to open my door before pulling me into his arms. I grasp his hand and lead him into the house.