ONE

Mature content, strong language

Ugh. I want to go already! I rest my head on my folded arms after looking at the clock for the millionth time in an hour. I swear its moving backwards. With only one hour left of the longest shift of my life the thought of being in the mountains with my amazing boyfriend for two whole weeks is driving me crazy.

"I may leave a little early," I murmur to my coworkers hoping they take pity on me. "That's fine; it's dead around here anyway," Whitney answers stretching her arms above her head. "Noooo! You better find some wood to knock on!"

At that moment the door bursts open and the morning takes a turn for the worse. By the time I get everything caught up it's twenty minutes past time for me to clock out. Great; the one day I want to leave on time!

I give my report as quickly as I can manage before hurrying to the bathroom to change out of my scrubs and into some jeans and a plain red long sleeve shirt. When my face and teeth are clean, I reapply mascara before scrutinizing my reflection in the mirror.

I'm five-foot-seven with long, dark hair that is currently braided around the back and to the side leaving a short ponytail at the end of it just below my shoulder. Bright blue eyes that fade to gray at the outermost edges stare at me excitedly.

Said eyes rake down my body where I'm toned from head to toe thanks to working out six days a week with my trainer, Collin

Said eyes rake down my body where I'm toned from head to toe thanks to working out six days a week with my trainer, Collin. I'm pretty but I'm not conceited about it; although I don't try to downplay it either.

I head back to the unit, grab my stuff and walk to the door yelling a final goodbye. Everyone wishes me a great vacation and I skip to the time clock feeling the stress of the night fade away.

Oh yeah, I'm Blake Carter and I work at Junior Medical Center in Nashville, TN. And that amazing boyfriend I mentioned earlier is Grayson Dolan. He and his twin Ethan are waiting for me by the SUV we rented for the trip since my Jeep isn't big enough for all of our stuff.

Taking the stairs two at a time, I race around the corner to see two very hot guys playing on their phones, "Hey babe!" I sing skipping to Grayson's side before throwing my arms around his neck, "Hey baby girl."

I laugh as he picks me up and spins me around before setting me back on my feet so he can kiss me gently. "I missed you last night. How was work?" "Long. I hate working sixteen-hour shifts. I'm sorry I'm late but something came up and I had to stay over." "No worries," he answers with a lazy smile.

I make my way to the truck and throw my bag into the back before turning to find both the front and back doors open and Ethan leaning against the side waiting for me to choose where I want to sit. I jump into the front next to Grayson with a huge smile on my face as Ethan shuts my door and climbs into the back seat behind me.

"What's got you so happy?" Grayson asks smiling at me as I bounce childishly in my seat. "We're gonna be together for two whole weeks!"

"Hey! What about me?" Ethan pouts leaning forward to prop on my seat. "I didn't forget about you," I chide playfully before poking his cheek gently to make him grin. He leans back in the seat as we back out of the parking spot, "Do we have everything?" I ask anxiously. "Yes," they both answer. "Babe you checked everything yesterday, multiple times, and made sure it was perfect, remember?"