15# Camping With My Cousin And His Idiot Friends.

Hello lovelies. :D

Chapter 15! ;).

This is only a short one and is pretty raw, so if there's a few mistakes, sorry. ;D.

Ok, so Comment, Fan, Vote please?

Thank you and enjoy!

X.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jake's POV!

It was weird telling Ambs that story. It was a bit if my past i would give a lot to forget, and i just told it to the person that, well, started it. At least Amber took it well.

But Tom? He'd probably kill me if he knew i told her that. It was obvious he likes her, and he wanted to be the one who told her that. I don't think she noticed he liked her that much, though.

Sitting in the kitchen with my head in my hands, i couldn't help but feel like now everything is going well, something's going to happen. But what? I wouldn't have a clue. I know i should be optimistic, but i always have this feeling, and something always happens. It was like a sixth sense.

"Jake? You ok, man? You're looking rough." Tom said, strolling into the room and taking a seat next to me.

"Yeah, just got... that feeling." I said, and Toms pupils grew. He knew my feelings.

"Do you know what it is?" He asked.

"No, that's what's worrying me." I replied. This always happens. I got it on the night of the party, when Darcy asked me to ask her out and on the journey out here. This was tried and tested.

"Oh... well, don't worry about it dude, i mean, the storm is letting up and you and Amber are getting along. Plus, you got the girl you've always wanted!" He said, and i smiled. He was always the optimist.

"I guess..." I said more to myself than Tom.

"So... how long do reckon it'll be until we can leave? I really wanna see my folks before Christmas..." Oh my god! I totally forgot it was Christmas soon. Let's see... I got out my phone and checked the calendar... only three days! Shit.

"Three days?! Oh, err, a few days if the storm keeps clearing up at this rate... It'll be ok." I said as reassuringly as i could as i saw a flicker of panic in his eyes.

"I hope so..." he trailed.

We sat for a few minutes in silence and i was working myself up too. What if we don't get home for Christmas? I know we were all nearing eighteen, but this was feeling odd. I don't want to be away from my family at Christmas!

"Hey guys." Sally said as she walked into the room and sat next to me, leaning her head on my shoulder. I leant my head on her s and sighed.

"It's Christmas in three days." I said quietly. She lifted her head up and looked me dead in the eyes, shock covering her face. I silently nodded.

"How long have we been here? A few days?" She asked, her voice hoarse.

"Yeah. But, the storm is letting, so we could be home by Christmas eve, i think..." Tom said, and i saw her tensed shoulder relax a little.

"Oh, ok." She said, and leant back on my shoulder again.

I looked at Tom and i saw he didn't believe what he said. He put his head in his hands and Sally sighed on my arm. They were really down!

"We'll be ok, guys. Stop with the depression. We'll have our own winter wonderland. A white Christmas!" I said in a cheery voice. They both looked at me with an odd expression but then both laughed.