Chapter 1

Ryan's Point of View

I was starting today at my new job as a history teacher and I’m 22 years old. My boyfriend Efrain is a musician, yeah that's not really a profession but whatever makes him happy.

I sighed me and Efrain haven't been happy in awhile.

I went into my classroom full of high school students. And wrote my name on the chalkboard. “Good morning class, my name is Ryan Copeland, and I’m you're new history teacher. Let's begin with counting how many actually made it to school this morning, shall we?”

After saying all their names, I actually memorized their faces. The cheerleader and her followers, the quarterback and his followers, and the nerdy mousy girl who kept staring at the quarterback; I rolled my eyes, typical high school shit. Then there’s the emos and possibly gays too. One of the football players, Taylor, got up after a while and walked towards the emo’s side, he leaned in and kissed one of the emos, his name is Steven. Steven blushed so much and pushed Taylor away, then the quarterback, Gary, goes to them. “Awe you guys are so cute!” He mused

“Shut up, Johnson,” Taylor said while hugging Steven.

“So where are you guys going tonight?” Gary asked them. Steven grinned widely.

“Taylor is taking me out on a date to celebrate,” he answered but the whole time he was looking at Taylor in a lovey-dovey way. My stomach twist at that picture, Efrain and I used to be like that, when did we stop? I want it back. I know, I’ll surprise him tonight at his job. I smile at my plans for tonight.

“Yo, teach, any homework?” Gary asked me..

I was about to answer but the mousy girl name Melinda answer for me, with a snort. “As if you even do it anyways”

Gary glared at her, “Well Meli, you're right, there are a lot of THINGS I wouldn't do and you’re one of them,” he finish saying and everyone burst it out laughing.

Melinda just looked down looking embarrassed.

I decided to help her out, “Mr. Johnson that was uncalled for, please apologize to her,”I said with authority.

''Nah, not until she apologizes first,” he said.

I raised an eyebrow and look at Melinda. “Well what do you say Miss Swan?”

She looked at me then turned to look at Gary and just stare at him as if debating something. Finally she sighed and shook her head no.

“I’d rather sell my soul to the Devil,” she said and they all laughed. Gary glared at her.

“Melly, if I don't want you, what makes you think the devil will?” He said. Melissa was about to give him a comeback when the bell rang, letting these kids out.

All I could think about was, how handsome Gary is, how funny, how charismatic and not homophobic he is, and my student.