belligerent • twelve

I love this damn picture idcidcidc he look like a angry snack and I'm loving it.

• • •

I couldn't keep my eyes off of them. I'd try to distract myself with a conversation with one of the others but I just couldn't help but stare. I had got a little close to one of the girls that had come along. Her name was Hailee and she was really cool. She had told me about how she used to be in love with Ski and vice versa and their old problems that were none of my business but it was all interesting to listen to.

"I need a damn drink! We've been walking around for hours, let's do something fun." Hailee exclaimed and I agreed with her. This little outing between me and Venus was supposed to last a couple of hours but now that they came along, it went on way longer than that.

"Yeah! Let's turn up!" I frowned at the girl with Jahseh. I didn't know her name at all and resorted to naming her 'Dumb Hoe' in my head. I tried to not judge her and talk about her but it was just irresistible. It was like I just had to do it.

Kiyanne, the other girl that tagged along, suggested we all just went back to one of their apartments and chill. The majority of us agreed and we all headed back to where we our cars were.

"Amber!" Isaiah called my name unnecessarily loudly. "Isaiah!" I called back. "Can one of them ride with y'all? Y'all got like two extra seats, right?" He asked. I shot a glance to a hugged up Ski and Venus and shrugged. "I'm sure he'll ride with us. I guess we can take two."

We agreed upon Rob and Hailee riding with us and made it to our destination. As predicted, Ski and Venus slipped into the back seat together and left space for one more person back there. Rob slid in beside them and Hailee sat up front with me.

"Y'all ain't shit for making me sit back here." Rob announced causing us all to laugh.

After following directions Hailee and Rob gave me, we had finally reached whoever's apartment. I think it was Hailee's or Kiyanne's, I forgot.

We all enter the place and it seemed that Isaiah, Jahseh, Kiyanne, and the other bitch had beat us there. It had to be a female's home though. All of the furniture were a light gray and the walls a pale blue. A white fur rug was placed under a glass table in the center of the living room and both fur and sequined pillows were placed on both couches.

Everyone walked in and made themselves at home, shoes already off and bodies already on the couch or floor.

"Don't fuck up my furniture!" Someone yelled from the kitchen. I had already recognized the voice as Jahseh's girlfriend or whatever the fuck she was to him. Either way, I started feeling some type of way about being here.

"Amber, do something with yourself. You look lost."

I rolled my eyes at Hailee and sat besides her on the floor. She laid her head in my lap and got comfortable. I still couldn't stop looking at her.

I analyzed her shoulder length curly hair to her small lips then down to her small frame. She wore a black cropped hoodie and paired that with a pair of jean shorts and black high top Vans. Maybe that was what he liked. Skinny mixed girls with basic outfit choices.

"Neva, you got drinks or something?" Hailee asked. The girl, whose name I now assumed was 'Neva', grinned mischievously and went back to the kitchen. She returned with three bottles of alcohol. One of them were basic Hennessey and the other two were some kind of Ciroc. I wasn't one to drink a lot but I didn't decline the cup of whatever Hailee offered to me.

• • •

Some hours later, it was less boring than when we arrived. As always, they invited more people over. Neva constantly fussed about whoever was on her furniture but other than that, it was a good time.

I just couldn't stand Jahseh and Neva though. I couldn't stand seeing her all on him and him letting her do so. I just wanted it to stop. I couldn't keep watching them. I had to end this shit. I don't know what drove me to start moving my feet towards them and grab his hand, pulling him away from her.

"Jahseh we need to talk. We need to talk." I repeated to him. Neva frowned at me but didn't fix her mouth to say anything.

He furrowed his eyebrows, looking at me. "Please, I just need to speak to you." I was sure that I looked really desperate basically begging to speak to him but I could care less at the moment.

He gave in and said something incoherent to Neva before leading me outside.

We ended up outside on the curb, sitting in silence for the first couple of minutes before I opened my mouth to start speaking.

"Jahseh I am so sorry. So so sorry. I...I  didn't mean to hurt your feelings or anything or offend you in any type of way I just didn't know what to do, you know. You know when you find shit out about people that's just wild and it just wasn't what I was expecting from you." I closed my mouth to finish gathering my thoughts, the familiar burn of tears forming in my eyes.  I sniffed and tucked my lips into my mouth before trying to finish my statement.

"I just wanna be around you again. I miss talking to you and staying up at night and shit with you and...and walking with you." Tears were already streaming down my face. I wanted to look at him for any signs of emotions but I couldn't look him in the eyes while confessing how I felt about everything. Instead, I stared at the concrete beneath my feet.

"And I know you don't feel the same because you got that girl in there and y'all been hugged up all day and I just-I just can't stand it! How could you forget about me so quick and I'm still hurt about a stupid ass argument we had weeks ago?" I finally looked at him. He was staring into at the ground too, chewing his bottom lip.

"Say something. Please, just say something." I choked out. His silence made me feel like this problem was one sided. Like he wasn't hurt or anything.

He finally looked up and stared at me before sighing. "Wipe your face."

I did as I was told, wiping my cheeks and sniffing. He grabbed my chin and wiped the stray tears away.  "Fuck are you crying for?" He asked. He looked me in my eyes before he chuckled.

"Jahseh, I'm really serious about this. Can we be...cool..again?" I looked over his face as I always did every time we were this close. I didn't like him this up close and personal to my crying face but I didn't even care anymore.

"Sure Amber." He finally answered, wiping away a few more of the tears falling from my eyes.

"Are you sure? Cause I don't want t-"

The shit happened so fast. He just leaned in and closed the small space between us, kissing my lips. He pulled away when I kissed him back after a few seconds and slipped a small smirk on his face.

"I'm sure. Now stop all that damn crying." He stood up and grabbed my hand, helping me up off of the ground.

He led the way back into the apartment and acted like nothing had happened with us two. But girl, I was dying on the inside.