Chapter 67 - The Smith's

A/N

So sorry for the late upload. I'm doing my work placement as an aesthetician and meanwhile have afternoon and evening classes so as you can imagine I don't really have much free time. The next couple of chapters will be quite small but GOOD NEWS; only 8 more chapters to go for the book to be finished! No I am not emotional, you are.

Anyway... enjoy :)

*      *      *

CHAPTER 67 –THE SMITH'S

The next day passed by like a blur.

Unfortunately no matter how much I hoped and prayed for the day to go as slow as possible, it didn't. Somehow the school hours seemed to end more quickly than what they used to and before I realize it, the last period had almost ended.

My heart was going like crazy inside my chest and it seemed like I couldn't get rid of the anxious feeling that I had inside of me. And I wasn't even the one that was pregnant and was about to tell my deeply religious parents about it.

Annabelle was pale and barely could stand still in her seat from beside me. Her legs were trembling on their own and she couldn't stop sighing. I couldn't even begin to imagine how she was feeling.

"Chloe do you know the answer?"

My head snapped up towards the teacher who seemed to be talking to me. I was the best student, I had straight A's and a 4.4 GPA but right now whatever was written in the board was blurry to me. Was I in English class? Math? I honestly didn't know.

I shook my head "No."

The teacher seemed surprised by my answer but nonetheless went on "Anyone else?" when someone apparently raised their hand the motioned for them to go on "Yes, Ryder."

"Since the lines come infinitely closer to the points 0,1 and 0, -1 but never touch y=1 or y=-1, there are no definite extrema."

The teacher nodded "Very good."

I didn't have time to feel proud of Ryder finally coping with AP Calculus since the bell rang, signaling the end of last period.

This was it.

Annabelle jumped slightly from her seat and her first thing she did was look at me knowingly. I looked at her back with the same scared and anxious look.

We managed to make the five minute walk to the parking lot to a fifteen minute on like us walking slower and making short unnecessary trips would fix Annabelle's situation. Like it would make her any less pregnant and her parents more supportive.

As we approached my car at least we both sighed relieved when we saw Ryder leaning against it, waiting. It definitely wouldn't change things but it would slow them down and that's what we wanted.

"Hey." He said kissing me on the cheek

"Hey."

"Are you okay? You seem lost today."

I was "I'm fine. We are just going to tell Annabelle's parents today." I sighed "Now."

He made a pained sound "That doesn't sound something I would want to be part of."

I let out a chuckle "Tell me about it."

He grabbed my arm, pulling me on the side so Annabelle won't hear us "You don't have to do this you know. That's Annabelle's job."

I shook my head "No, I want to be with her. She's my best friend I can't leave her alone."

He studied me for a second before nodding "Fine. I'm just looking out for you."