Chapter 37 - Halloween fever

A/N

I'm REALLY excited for the next two chapters. I guess you can say the story comes together in the next two chapters. The book isn't over yet of course, still a lot to go down :)

This chapter is a filler and is... meh. It wasn't written in the first drafts so it was a last minute thing. Sorry it sucks. But the next two chapters are going to make it up for this one, promise :)

What do you think Chloe will dress up as in the Halloween chapter? ;)

ENJOY FLAWLESS Creatures ;)

***

CHAPTER 37 - HALLOWEEN FEVER

Α couple of days later, a day before Halloween Annabelle and I found some free time to go horseback riding at the country club, something we loved doing since we were little kids and even had won a couple of awards prices from races.

"So it's all set for tomorrow." Annabelle said as we rode back to the stables "We are gonna come here first for the party and then go over at Ryder's."

I nodded "Yes. I don't think there's another option. My parents won't let me not come to the country club's party and so does Ryder at his party."

She laughed "Looks like you've got some situation going on there."

I gave her a flat look "You think? At least things are going great with him."

"Why? What happened with your parents now?" she asked alarmed

I sighed "Besides them treating me like I am still seven..." I paused "Nothing. Everything's great." I said sarcastically and sighed again "Before I came here they sat me down on a chair and told me to be careful now that we are going to the mall and that the world is different now and there's so much danger around here and so I should be more careful and not talk or take anything from strangers."

My parents freaked out when I was going to another city -which may was just a half hour away but still to them it seemed like it was another world. That's why I didn't leave Oakheart... ever if it wasn't necessary or if they weren't around. I really didn't know how they were gonna react when I was going to move to Manhattan once and for all after college.

She groaned "Tell me about it, my mom did exactly the same. Do you know she called yours to make sure I was going to the mall with you to shop for Halloween? She probably thinks I'm dating an older guy who buys me stuff in exchange for sex. Can't believe my own mother thinks I'm dating a sugar daddy." She made a grimace at the thought "Ew."

"Your mom is really weird Annabelle. And that's coming from me who I have Hitler for a mother."

She nodded "True."

We entered the smelly but overall very went maintained stables of the Country Club and I hopped of my white Arabian horse that I had since I was ten and was calling it 'Unicorn' ever since then because when I was younger I really thought it was a unicorn.

I gave Unicorn a little kiss before giving him some food and start grooming him so his fur was smooth. Annabelle tried to do the same to her horse but hers wasn't as friendly as mine and although she had it for the same period of time with me she hadn't bonded with it.

When the horse dodged another kiss from her she put her arms on her waist and pointed a finger at it "Okay that's the last time you do that. I may said this the other time as well but this time I'm seri- hey where are you going, I haven't finished talking to you!" she followed after her horse which had turn its back and was walking inside a stable.