Chapter 34 - Tease

Dedicated to 'sabriciscomani' for the wonderful fan-art cover!!! Thank you so much <3

ALSO Dedicated to 'Mimi6611' for the also wonderful fan made book trailer of "HBN"! Thank you so much <3 

*      *      *

CHAPTER 34 - TEASE

Surprisingly the next day I woke up with a proud smile on my face, feeling in power and thinking I had the upper hand in this whole "Ryder - relationship" crisis.

I didn't know why; maybe it was because I had ignored all his calls and messages. Or maybe it was because for the first time I stood up for myself -even in something "childish". Nonetheless I felt very confident about myself.

  After I got ready for school, feeling all fresh and awake since I had got a good night's sleep, I walked downstairs to have breakfast and do a small revision on the English test we had today.

  I wasn't surprised to find just my mom in the kitchen. It was pretty early, five thirty in the morning and she had gotten up earlier than everyone to prepare breakfast like every day, wanting the food to be nothing less than perfect.

"Good morning." I greeted her, entering inside fully clothed and ready.   

She didn't look up from the envelope she was holding "Good morning darling. Why are you up so early?"

I shrugged "I just wanted to do a small revision on the English test we have today."

She nodded "Good girl."

I looked behind her shoulder to see what she was reading "What's this?" I asked pointing towards the crème envelope she was holding, which had 'To; Anderson family' written down in the middle in elegant lettering. My question was immediately answered though as my eyes traveled to the top corner of the folder and saw the familiar lettering and 'Oakheart Country Club' written there.

"An invitation to the Country club's Halloween party." She said and pulled out of the envelope an invitation with rich black linen background and deep gold lettering which gave a rich, sophisticated and fashionable feel.

  The invitation reminded nothing of a Halloween party but that wasn't really a surprise. The citizens of Oakheart as well as the owners of the club hated 'tres banal' events such as Halloween and had somehow transformed the whole tradition of Halloween to a fancy, elegant event in which woman and men dressed like they were royals and bragged all night about their belongings and lives. Something that of course my parents loved.

"Please join us" My mother read the invitation "for a special celebration honoring Halloween on Saturday October thirty one, at nine pm." She gasped excitedly "It's a ball themed party!"

I groaned from inside me. Oh great, another stupid themed Halloween party in which we have to spend lots of money for. "Yay!" I exclaimed my tone full of mockery but my mother didn't understand I was being sarcastic. 

"This so exciting! We have to start looking for gowns immediately! I think Alexander McQueen will do for this occasion don't you think?"

  I rolled my eyes. Of course she would pick one of the most expensive designers so she can show off to everyone. "Sure. I'll just pick something from the mall."

  She nodded, paying no attention to me whatsoever as she continue staring the invitation and then got up to make breakfast. I went to the living room and did a small revision for as long as she was preparing breakfast and once my brother and father were up too we all eat, hearing my mother rumbling obsessively about the Halloween party.