Chapter 39 - The Aftermath

A/N

  Hello everybody. I know I promised you all another chapter the week that passed but a very beloved, closed family member of mine passed away so obviously I wasn't really in the mood of writing anything. Anyway, I hope this chapter makes it up for the waiting :)

Dedicated to whoever made the cover above. If this is your work please let me know so I can add your username! :)

This one is intense. Very intense. Just saying ;)

All the love <3

*     *     *

CHAPTER 39 - THE AFTERMATH

   Sleep came reluctantly that night.

  I tossed and turned in my bed for the majority of the night but without any success of drifting off to sleep or even closing my eyes. Something that Annabelle didn't seem to have trouble with since she was long passed out next to me.

  From the corner of my eye I could see my phone's screen flashing on and off and then on again, meaning someone was trying to contact me. I already knew who it was. That's why I hadn't picked it up after all.

  I sighed again and turned to the other side, my back facing Annabelle, trying again to relax and let myself fall asleep. But again it was a lost cause. My mind was somewhere else.

  Was Ryder still up? Was he still partying after our fight? Of course he was. He was Ryder. But had he found someone else? Ugh, whatever. What if he had? I didn't care.

Only I did.

   I groaned against my pillow, my voice thankfully coming muffled so Annabelle wouldn't wake up. Why was this happening to me? I shouldn't care so much, Ryder certainly didn't.

But I did care. A lot.

  Minutes must of have passed maybe even hours when my eyes finally started to get tired and finally closed. And the next thing I knew was they were wide open again and had widened in surprise and unexpectancy.

  I stood, lying down in bed for a couple of seconds, thinking I had misheard of something or if it was all just a dream. But then I heard it again and I was sure it was neither my imagination nor something I had dreamt of.

"Chloe get the fuck down right now!"

  Ryder's voice was loud enough that Annabelle stirred in her sleep and then woke up with a jump, frightened and having no idea what is going on. I jumped out of the bed, the same time she sat up looking at me confused and totally lost.

"Is that Ryder?" She asked puzzled with half open eyes, her voice coming raspy from sleeping.

I sighed "You bet it is." I said standing up and putting on my robe.

"Why is he screaming bloody murder at...?" she looked at the clock "3 am!!!?" She exclaimed "Is he out of his mind?"

"Apparently." I mumbled, walking towards the window and stopping just a couple of feet away from it, so he couldn't see me.

   My heart started beating really fast as I looked down at Ryder, standing in my backyard, dressed in his normal clothes now, yelling my name and telling me to go down there. I sighed and rested on the wall as nerves settled in the pit of my stomach, creating a very unpleasant feeling.

   I couldn't believe him. How dare he show up in my house after he had told me he didn't want to be with me?  How dare he scream outside my house like that?