Chapter 31 - Predictions

Α/Ν

Hey y'all! How are you?

This last two weeks have been just crazy for me since "HBN" hit over 1M reads and went to #1 in Teen Fiction -which is INSANE and I still can't wrap my head around it! I owe it all to you of course; this is all you, not me. I'm just glad you like my story and that some of you can relate to some parts of it :)

Dedicated to " vampireluvrgurl " for making a Teaser trailer of "HBN" AND to "Mimi6611" for making the cover above! Thank you so much girls, love your work <3 :D

*     *     *

CHAPTER 31 - PREDICTIONS

It wasn't every day I woke up with a hangover. But today it was that day.

My head throbbed in pain and felt heavy as I heard my mother calling me from downstairs at six in the morning to get up so we could attend Church.

That definitely wasn't how I wanted to start my day at all but I didn't have another choice. I blamed myself of course for that for not stop drinking all night even though Ryder was constantly telling me I had enough and should stop. But no drunk Chloe was having any of it.

Well hangover Chloe could now face the consequences.

Eventually I got up from the bed and dragged myself to the bathroom to shower and hopefully wake myself up. Once I was done I followed my routine, blow drying and curling my hair, putting on makeup and dressing up.

An hour later I was all ready and downstairs where my family was waiting for me so we could finally leave.

"Finally!" My mom said looking as always perfect and ready to charm everyone -the exact opposite of me. "What took you so long?" she didn't wait for a response and started walking down the hallway her heels clicking on the marble floor, my dad following behind her silent.

"Had fun yesterday?" Seth said standing next to me and looking at me in a narcissistic way.

"Did you?" I taunt back.

He didn't answered he just chuckled and walked in front of me, walking outside as well and I followed after him but not before rolling my eyes at him.

Ten minutes later we arrived at the Church and after every one gossiped for a while about what went down the previous week in Oakheart the service started and everyone made their way inside.

When Annabelle and I sat on the stalls I looked around the crowded church and was surprised to see my brother sitting next to Lance Kingsley instead of my family. Lance, always looking fresh and awake -even though he probably was up partying all night last night- was laughing at something my brother was saying and greeted politely the other citizens, totally fooled them all with his smile and charm. For some reason he reminded me of... well me. Always acting up and trying to pass himself as the perfect role model in front of the others but in reality he was just a pained soul trying to find comfort in drugs and parties.

Kind of like Ryder too.

Suddenly his gaze found mine and he smirked at me knowing I had just been caught looking at him. Immediately I turned my stare to something else, not wanting him to think I was staring at him. Once the service started I tried to pay as much attention as I could but unlike the other times -say when I didn't have a hangover- this one I just completely zoned out and I only focused on keeping my eyes open because I was sure if I didn't stop blinking I would just fall asleep right there.

Annabelle noticed that and leaned in towards me in the middle of the service and whispered; "Are you okay?"

I nodded blinking and leaned towards her as well "Yeah, I just didn't sleep well. I spent the night with Ryder."