Prologue

A/N: Here's my first attempt at a story. I hope you enjoy :)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"That's just pathetic," William Evans muttered to himself through a mouthful of cookie dough ice cream. He was snuggled up on the couch with a tub of ice cream, watching a shitty made-for-TV movie as he tried to pass the hot summer's day.

The blonde on the TV, who couldn't act to save her life, continued to cry over her boyfriend who had left her for another woman. This was pretty tame compared to the other crappy TV movies he'd seen over the last few weeks, including a man who runs away with his sister in-law after getting two of his step-nieces pregnant, an alcoholic man who kills people with poisoned lollies while wearing a clown costume, and a mother and daughter who were knocked up by the same man who ended up being a woman. Will was still unsure how that worked. 

Who even comes up with this stuff... he thought.

Will wondered why he was wasting time watching them. It was his summer holidays. Two days until he began his last year of high school. Year 12. How did that even happen? He should be out, enjoying the sun, swimming and getting a suntan, and other clichéd things people did during the summer.

But Will was hiding out in the darkness of his lounge room.

To be perfectly honest, Will did know why he was there, but after months and months of hiding, he wasn't just about to go admitting the truth. He couldn't bring himself to admit it. It was too painful for him to admit that he was just as pathetic as the blonde on the TV, both moping over a guy who had left them. 

But unlike the blonde, Will didn't know why his guy left, obviously not for another woman - Will's ex was gayer than a drag queen sucking dick at Mardi Gras. His ex had left with no explanation, taking Will's heart with him. Will had spent the last four months pathetically moping, heartbroken, thinking about his first love whose name he couldn't even bring himself to think.

Will felt bad for causing his friends any worry but he just wanted to pretend he never happened. Will tried so hard to run away from it, tried to not be hurt by it, even though not talking about it was hurting him more. Will just wanted to wipe the slate clean.

Will huffed out angrily, his eyes prickling with tears as it always did when he thought about him for too long. Will was pissed off at him for not given a reason, for not giving Will any way to get some closure. Will shook his head, glaring crossly at the carpet. As his head shook, his long brown hair he had pushed back, having let it grow out over the summer break; now fell forward and into his eyes. He pushed it away irritably but it fell back into place. Will continued to push it away but his hair wouldn't comply, falling back again and again.

Soon, the rage Will was feeling for him was now focused on his fringe. Will jumped up and stormed to the bathroom, pulling open all the drawers and cabinets in search of a pair of scissors. After finally finding a pair in his mother's make up bag, Will stood in front of the basin, one hand holding the scissors as the other grasped his fringe.

"Goddamn piece of crap," Will grumbled to himself as the scissors chopped through the fringe.

Once he cut through the last strand of hair, Will stood with a chunk of hair in his hand and, for some inexplicable reason, a weight came off of his shoulders, like cutting his hair had given him some sort of therapeutic release. Will dropped the handful of hair into the basin before grabbing another handful, cutting through that too. He continued to chop through his long chocolate brown hair that he'd left untended to for so long, slowly feeling the weight lift from his shoulders, bit by bit.

Soon Will stood, surrounded by hair, with the scissors discarded on the bathroom counter. He stared at his reflection, his once long brown hair now much shorter, (obviously, since that's how cutting hair works), and he began to laugh.

How many people have a breakdown after relating to a stupid character in a shitty made-for-TV movie?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

A/N: Hope it was ok, any comments and votes would be much appreciated, and please keep reading! xx