Chapter 24 (Thursday)

Jessie's POV

"Pareces verdadera estresado . ¿Seguro que estás bien/You seem real stressed out. Are you sure you're alright?" Marisol asks.

"Yeah, I'm good," I say. Leaning back into the couch. "Simplemente no me refiero a nada de esto suceda/I just didn't mean for none of this to happen."

She lays her head down on my shoulder and starts to caress my back. "A veces las cosas son sólo pretende suceder por ciertas razones/Sometimes things are just meant to happen for certain reasons."

"No cosas come esta/Not things like this!" I yell.

Setting up a plan to get Korrine kidnap is nothing something that was meant to happen. This ain't right, and we all know it's not. Even though I'm finding a way out of it, it doesn't mean that everything is going to be okay tomorrow. In just two days I've burned over a hundred bridges. I've betrayed my own family. I've betrayed my own friends, and I'm doing it all for money. At this point, it's not even worth it anymore.

Marisol removes her fingers from my back and lays her hands on her lap, looking away from me. She probably thinks I'm insane because of the way I've been acting today, but I can only hide my anger so much before blowing up. "I'm sorry, Marisol. My anger don't have nothing to with you," I say, wrapping my arms around her waist and pulling her onto my lap.

"It's fine," she says, looking back into my eyes with a weak smile.

"You know, the best part of today was having you by my side. You're the one helping me keep my sanity right now," I admit.

"What are you so mad for anyway? Isn't this what you wanted? To be apart of the Locos Gang?" she asks.

I haven't told her or anyone else that I'm angry because I found out Gustavo's just using me to get to Mike's gang. I don't know who to trust on this end. Rider and Scraps were trying to persuade me to get into the gang so bad, and I thought it was because we been boys since we was young and they wanted me riding with them, but they probably knew about Gus's hidden agenda the whole time. And I barely know any of the rest of them, so revealing any type of emotion in front of them can get back to Gus, and he might put two and two together and find out I'm trying to sabotage all of this.

"It's exactly what I wanted, but-"

Hearing the warehouse doors open, I lose my train of thought and lift Marisol off of me, setting her down on the other side of the couch. I run into the main room and push past the crowd of people standing in front of the door. Spider and Juan are coming carrying a body that looks damn near lifeless body and drop it on the ground. Apart of me wants to say that is ain't Ren, but the other part of me knows it is. I can tell just seeing her long black hair with brown streaks running through it. I've played in her hair so much that I can notice it from miles away.

Rage possesses my body and before I can get back control, I'm running up to Spider and punching him in his jaw. A loud crack erupts through the room, but I don't stop hitting him until Juan attempts to grab me, which is a big mistake. My fist lands right in his eyes, knocking him back into the door before he slides to the ground. I don't have times for these fucking idiots. My main priority is Ren, so I carefully pick her up bridal style.

Everybody's eyes are on me with different expressions on their faces as I pass them. If they didn't know that I was against this plan before, they most definitely know now, and I'm not worried about hiding it anymore. I get to the door of the room I just came out of and Marisol standing there with her hand over her mouth. I didn't know that she had followed me out and watch what all just went down, but I can't stop to console her right now.

There's a mattress laying on the floor across the room, so I lay Ren down on it and check her pulse. Luckily, she's still alive even though the way she looks would have anybody thinking otherwise. Her bottom lip is busted and leaking blood, her right eye is black and swollen, and there's more blood leaking from somewhere in her head, but it's too dark in here for me to see where it's coming from. As I untie the ropes around her wrists, I can see the purple and red bruises left behind from how tight they were tied.

Doing as Gustavo ordered me to do earlier, I grab the handcuffs out my back pocket and attach one to her leg before attaching to other to a long chain that's connected to a pipe in corner of the room. The first thing Ren would try to do when she wakes up is escapes, so this will keep her put, at least until Mike comes to get her. I adjust her body on the mattress and take my jacket off, laying it across her. She might still be cold even with her hoodie and jeans, so this will warm her up a little bit more. I can't bare looking at her like this anymore, so I kiss her on the forehead before walking away.

"You lover her, don't you?" Marisol asks, leaning against the door frame. She sure knows how to get straight to the point when she wants to.

"What?" I ask,

"All day you've been angry, and the way you attacked Juan and Spider proves that it's because of her. Is she your girlfriend or something? They kidnapped your girlfriend, and you're in love with her," she says, shaking her head.

"She's not my girlfriend, alright?" I yell. "Yeah, I've been mad about this. Gustavo makes orders to kidnap my best friend thinking I'm okay with it, well I'm not. I specifically tell them not to hurt her and they beat her thinking I'll be okay with that shit, and I'm not."

"Okay, what they did was fucked up, but it's happened. You're in love with your best friend, Jessie," she says.

"Yeah, I fucking love her, but what does that have to do with me and you?"

"One minute you're telling me I'm happy I'm back in your life and by your side while treating me like I'm your girl all day, and the next minute I'm watching your nearly kill two dudes over the next female. You love her so much, and I can see it just by the way you hold her and look at her."

I can't tell if there's anger or sadness in her voice because it sounds monotone, so I know she's trying hard to hide whatever it is she's feeling. "Marisol, listen-"

"No me guíe a, Jessie . Me gustas, y ya sabes lo que hago , así que no juego con mis emociones de nuevo como lo hizo cuando éramos niños/Don't lead me on, Jessie. I like you, and you know I do, so don't play with my emotions again like you did when we were kids!" she snaps, starting to walk out of the room.

I quickly run over to her and grab her arm, pulling her into me. "I like you too, Marisol. What I feel for her is a whole different situation, and I'm still trying to come to terms with the fact that you're even back. You got to give me time. I want something with you, yeah, but I got some serious shit to handle tonight. Getting that done and making sure she's okay is all I'm worried about right now," I explain bluntly. Getting stuff out in the open is the only way to handle this. "Can you just stay in her with her and make sure nobody hurts her when I leave?"

She lets out a sigh, but nods. "Fine, Jessie."

"Gracias," I say, kissing her on the lips softly before letting her go and heading back into the main room. Everybody's now doing what they usually do, but Spider and Juan and laid up on the couches while some girls tend to their faces. They're most likely talking shit, but I'm about to hush all that up right now.

"Le dije que no le duele! Le dije que especificamente no to tocarla incluso con fuerza/I told you not to hurt her! I told you specifically not to even touch her with force!" I shout, getting their attention.

"Ella estaba gritando como loco/She was screaming like crazy," Spider says, glaring at me.

"I don't give a fuck!"

"Jessie, just calm down, and go talk to Gustavo," Rider says, coming up to me and pulling me away from them. "He wants you."

I shrug Rider's hands off of me. I don't know who the hell I can trust around here, and frankly, I don't give a damn. If my plan works successfully, I won't be around here too long to need anybody to trust. It kind of hurts having to say that about Rider and Scraps though because they was supposed to be my boys since childhood, but I know they had to know a little bit about Gustavo's scheme.

As I make my way into the office, Hector's coming out with an expression on his face that I can't read. He holds my gaze for a long while before he finally turns the corner. Gustavo's sitting on his desk with his hands in his pockets. "Did you get the information?" he asks.

I nod. "I got it. They won't know what him them," I say.

He smirks. "If you thought that first twenty-five hundred was something, you have another one coming if this works out," he says. "Cargar hasta su combate para ser una unidad por/Load up, it's about to be a drive by.