Chapter 47 (Sunday)

Trey's POV

Phone's ringtone ringing through my ears makes me wake up in a bitter mood. I reach out and pull it off the charger to see Nia's contact pop up. I don't want to answer this, but I ain't about to start risking shit already. "What's the deal, man?" I ask, rubbing my eyes sleepily.

"What do you mean what's the deal, Trey? You're supposed to be getting up to take me to the doctor. It's already going on 7:40."

I forgot all about this damn doctor's appointment. I was faded last night that I didn't even get to set an alarm to wake me. I'm so tired right now that I don't even want to get out the bed to take a piss. "Alright, man. Calm down. I'm about to be on my way," I say before hanging up without waiting for a response.

I hop out the bed and head to drawers. I pull out a pair of jeans, a pair of briefs, and a white Polo shirt fresh out the pack. I head to the bathroom and take a quick showers. When I get out, I get dressed and finish my outfit with my Rolex chain and a pair of Jordans.

When I get back in my room, I grab my phone to check the time and it's 8:13. This the time to be knocked out, not up taking this crazy girl to no doctor's office. I swear I should've listened to Ren and Marcus after they've both told me countless times to stop having sex this girl, especially raw. I don't know where my mind was. The only good thing that might come out of this is that our baby won't be nowhere close to ugly. I might have my different opinions of Nia, but she's a beautiful ass girl.

She's fully black with thick, shoulder-length hair, but she keep long Indian weaves in it. Her backside in fat and her hips and thighs got a lot of meat on them. Her waist and stomach is small, and her chest ain't to big, but like I said, her backside is fat. She got some nice hazel eyes and pretty, small lips. I was attracted to her as a whole when I first started hitting.

I get my wallet and my car keys and head out to my car. I ain't gonna tell nobody that I'm leaving since they all asleep anyway, which is what I should be. I ain't an early morning man, It's already hard for me to wake up to go to school, and I got to do that tomorrow.

It only takes me five minutes to get to Nia's house 'cause she lives just around a couple of corners. She ain't standing outside, so I honk the horn twice. She was doing all that rushing and ain't even ready to walk out the door her damn self. I know she wasn't expecting me to come in, 'cause I'm not going in there.

Her door finally opens and she comes storming out to the car. "Why you honking the horn like that knowing it's early in the morning?" she asks, but I'm too busy looking at her outfit to pay attention to what she's talking about. She's wearing a crop sweater that stops a little above her belly button and a pair of ripped up, skin tight jeans.

"That ain't no outfit for a pregnant girl if you ask me?" I say, pulling off.

"I'm not showing yet, so I might as well wear what I want until I do. Why you worried about me all of a sudden anyway?"

"I ain't."

While Nia's signing her name on the check-in sheet, I take a sit in the waiting room. I've never been to a doctor's office for pregnant women. Everywhere I look there's a poster with a diagram of the stomach or uterus with the baby in it, baby magazines, or a baby commercial on the TV. The doctor office's I go to every three months to make sure I'm straight only have posters with STD statistics and condoms.

"She said they'll be calling me in about ten minutes," Nia says, sitting down next to me and grabbing a baby magazine off the coffee table.

Seeing her reading it and knowing that there's a possibility we gonna have one in eight to nine months is hitting me hard. My mom's gonna want to kill me when she find out I might have a baby on the way. For one, I just got my life handed back to me thanks to Ren, now I ain't gonna have a life once this baby comes. I'm only seventeen and still got a year of high school left. I'm gonna have to put basketball on hold, something I've been working my ass off to get a scholarship in since the ninth grade. For two, she gonna be disappointed that I got a girl I don't even love pregnant. She's met Nia before, but only 'cause she's caught going in and out my room a couple of times. When she's finds out we not even a couple, I know it's gonna hurt her even more.

Another person who's gonna be disappointed is Ant. He's taught me too much about protection and baby momma drama, and here I am still getting girls pregnant. I don't even know how I'm gonna tell him.

"Nia Brandon!" a nurse yells.

"Come on," Nia tells me.

I stuff my hands into my pockets and follow her to the OBGYN room the nurse instructed us to go to. She sits on the bed and I sit in a chair nearby. If I thought the pictures in the waiting room were too graphic, the pictures hanging on the wall in here making a nigga queasy.

"You ain't said two words since we've been here," she says, staring at me.

I shrug. "Ain't nothing to say."

She sighs and opens her mouth to say something, but before she can get it out, the doctor walks in the room. "Good morning, Nia," he says, smiling. "And are you the baby's father, a friend, or Nia's brother?" he asks.

The question kind of catches me off guard. I know we might be having a baby and all, but I still haven't been able to classify myself as a father. Most niggas can picture raising a kid and always talk about the type of daddy they would be, but not me. I never even too much thought about kids. 'There's a possibility I could be the father," I say.

"He's the father, doctor. I'm just here to get an official pregnancy test so that I can have real proof," Nia says.

He nods. "Have you taken at all?"

"I took two at home test and they both came out positive. I just don't know when I got pregnant."

"When was the last time you two had unprotected sex?" he asks, looking back and forth between the two of us.

To be honest, I couldn't tell him. We have sex so damn often that it all becomes a blur. I know the last we did have sex was Saturday, but I forgot if I used a condom or not.

"The last time we had unprotected sex that would fall in the lines of me being pregnant was a month and a half ago. I took a test two weeks later and it said positive. I waited two more weeks before taking another one, and that one was positive too. The last time we had unprotected sex period was last Saturday," Nia explains.

He writes some information down on the clipboard and then looks back up at Nia. "Okay, if your information is true and test you took were accurate, you could be about half a month to a month pregnant. That would be the reason why you're not showing yet," he explains. "First time moms begin developing a baby bump between 12 and 16 weeks. By about 12 weeks, the uterus expands above the pubic bone. Before that point, the uterus remains within the pelvis and isn't usually visible."

"That makes sense," she says.

"The question is have you had sexual intercourse with anyone else within the time you may have gotten pregnant?" he asks.

I raise my head and look her dead in the face so I can see and hear her reaction. She stares back into my eyes sternly. "I haven't had sex with anybody other them him for past five months. I'm one hundred percent positive this his baby," she says.

"Understandable. I'm going to perform a pap-smear to take a look around, and I'm going to give you a more accurate pregnancy test. There are two types of blood tests. A quantitative blood test measures the exact amount of hCG in the blood, and a qualitative hCG blood test gives a simple yes or no answer to whether you are pregnant or not. Let's get those done and we'll be able to know if you're pregnant and how far along you are," he explains.

"How long will it take to get the results?" I ask.

"A few days at least," he says.

I relax into my chair and take a deep breath. I have to wait a few more days to know if I'm gonna be a father. For some reason, I get the feeling that she's telling the truth and my kid's growing in her stomach, but the part about her only have sex with me for the past five months, I don't know about all that, but I ain't gonna say nothing that's gonna have her running to Marcus. I know I'm gonna dig around and get some answers though.