Chapter 46 (Sunday-October 25th)

Korrine's POV

I wake up feeling kisses going my jawline, forehead, and cheeks to my lips. I smile into the kiss as I open my eyes and they connect with Marcus's. He grins an lays his head down on chest and starts playing in my hair. This is what I know is right, and I want to be able to have more moments like this for as long as possible.

Homecoming night was amazing, but when the dance came to an end, we were all having too much fun to call a night. One of Mike's football friends from school threw an after party that was packed and live until nearly four in the morning. Good thing we had the limo because everybody seemed to have gotten a little tipsy, except Marcus and I, but my momma let him crash here because it was so late.

We didn't do anything but cuddle until we fell asleep which didn't take long, and I'm fine with that. I've already explained to him that I'm not ready to have sex, and I'm happy that he's respecting it. He didn't even try to do anything slick the whole night which made me feel a whole lot better about our relationship.

"What you thinking about, baby?" Marcus asks.

"How great last night was," I say.

"Yeah, it was nice. I'm happy you became my girl 'cause if you wasn't, I would've never went to that bullshit," he jokes.

I gasp. "Really? You're supposed to experience everything your senior year. Were you planning on going to prom in April?" I ask.

He shrugs. "Nah, 'cause you know that ain't really my style, but I'll go if you'll be my date."

My lips curve into a smile. "Are you being serious?"

"Yup. Of course this ain't how I'm gonna really ask you, but since we talking about it right now I want to know."

Ever since my freshman year I've dreamed of going to prom during my senior year. I didn't think that I would be with a senior during my junior year to get asked to prom, but this is like a little dream come true. This year can be practice for next year, and I'm sure Marcus will be right by my side again even though he'll have to come back from college. I can feel my face drop just picturing him being away.

He raises his head to look up at me. "What's the matter. You don't want to go to prom with me?" he asks.

"No, that's not it. It's nothing," I say, shaking my head.

He lets out a sigh and sits up, pulling me up with him so that we're sitting face to face. "I hope you don't think I believe that," he says. "You better tell me what's going on."

I don't know why I even try to lie to him about my emotions when he can see right through me and vice versa. It's something we've both perfected by now. "It's just all hitting me that you're going to be graduating and going to off to college if that's what you choose to do. We won't be able to see each other every day, and it'll just hurt, you know?" I explain. Graduation is in seven months, so it's not like he's leaving tomorrow, but I'm sure seven months will fly by before we know it. "But let's not even think about it right now because we have seven months together, baby."

 "I'm not leaving you, baby. We got an years and years ahead of us," he says, caressing my chin. He softly kisses my lips and then hops out of the bed, giving me a full display of his bare chest. He looks around the room until he finds his shirt and pulls it over his head. I can admit I'm a little disappointed that I can't see his toned six pack anymore.

"Where are you going?" I ask.

"I got to go handle some business. I'll be back later."

I narrow my eyes on him. "I hope it's not what I think it is. Let me find out," I say, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Don't worry about all that, man. You know I ain't deep in that no more, so ain't no need to stress," he says. "When is yo' next therapy session?"

I groan and fall back into the bed. "After school on Thursday. Please don't remind me anymore."

He laughs. "You only got two left. Besides, if it's helping you sleep peacefully at night, then it's good for you."

I get out of the bed and walk over to him, wrapping my arms around his neck. His hands find their way sliding down my backside as he looks me into my eyes and licks his full brown lips that I love so much. Every feature of his is my favorite. "You help me sleep peacefully at night," I moan, biting on his bottom lip before kissing it. "I love you."

"I'm so damn in love with you it's starting to hurt," he says, letting me go and walking to my dresser. He grabs his phone and wallet, putting them both in his back pocket as he eyes all of the pictures in the frames. Most of them are of me and my friends or Angel and Mike, but I have a collage filled with pictures of just me and my dad. "When I first moved in with Ant, I saw his obituary. Ant had told me a lot of stories about all the legendary shit he did in the streets with him when they was my age. I wanted to be just like him. It's crazy that this is yo' pops, man," he says, staring at the collage.

"Tell me about it," I say.

"I know he wouldn't want a nigga just like him to be with his daughter though. I know he probably wanted a young man with a bright future ahead of him. Somebody sports-minded and smart with no doubt of getting into college," he says, putting the collage back down.

"What are you saying?" I ask.

He shakes his head. "Nothing, ma. Come walk me to the door."

I nod uneasily, but I still get up and grab his hand to walk him to the front door. We make into the living room to see my momma sitting on the couch with Messiah. I flash them both a smile when they notice us. "Good morning, momma. Good morning, Auntie Siah," I say.

"Good morning, mom. Good morning, Messiah," Marcus says, smiling widely. He's been calling her mom for weeks now. I couldn't believe my ears when I first heard him call her son. I thought it was adorable.

She smirks. "What state y'all living in because it's damn near one o'clock out here," she say, laughing.

"Where y'all going?" Messiah asks.

"I'm just walking him to the door since he claims he has some business to take care of," I say, rolling my eyes.

He smacks his lips and playfully pushes me towards the hallway leading to the front door. "I'll be back for dinner, momma, so don't forget about," he says. "See y'all later."

"I won't, son."