Chapter 13 (Friday)

Korrine's POV

Marcus is leaning on his car with Trey. I have to look a couple times to actually make sure it is Trey because he's looks like he's in a bad condition. Too bad to be trying to come out to a game. He has a cast on his left hand, crutches under both arms, and a few bandages on his face, probably covering up bruises. It looks like he got beat up badly, but Marcus looks just fine. I wonder what the hell happened.

"You ain't gotta talk to him if you don't want to, Ren," Michael says.

"But you should. It's been two weeks with not even a text message. You deserve some damn answers," Dejah says, folding her arms across her chest.

I nod. "You're right. This will only take a minute. Y'all can go."

"Ren, wait," Jessie says.

I shake my head, hoping he's not about to try and do something stupid again. I'm sure this time it'll be more than him getting a little push, and I don't feel like dealing with no drama tonight. I just want to get this over with so I can go to our party. "Jessie, this is going-"

"I was just about to say that I'll be waiting in my car. That's it."

"Okay. I'll be back."

He let's me go, and I slowly push pass some crowds of people to get to Marcus and Trey. None of us say anything to each other once I make it to them. Marcus just stares me down, and I avoid his eyes, trying to get a closer look at Trey's injuries.

"It's just a few cuts and sprained bones, girl. You ain't gotta look at me like I'm dying and shit," Trey jokes, breaking the silence.

I give him a small smile. "My bad, but what happened?"

He chuckles. "Just a little one on four."

I gasp. He got jumped. "Boy, that's not funny. Who did this to you?" I ask, getting upset. "Why didn't somebody help you?"

"Nobody was with me when it happened."

"Well, y'all like white on rice. Where was you?" I ask Marcus, looking at him accusingly, our eyes locking for the first time.

"While you trying to have an attitude, I was with you."

"With me? Boy, please. When do we be together long enough for something like this to happen to Trey?"

"Uh, did you forget I took yo' ass out two weeks ago or doing all that flipping out and shit got yo' mind forgetting?"

I roll my eyes. "How can I forget after what you pulled? You know what, I don't even know why I bothered coming over here. I obviously haven't been one of your priorities, so that just lets me know that there isn't anything going on between us!" I yell, turning away from them and heading to Jessie's car.

Marcus grips my arms and pulls me back before I can take a third step, damn near dragging me around the field's gate. He stops once we're by ourselves and presses me against it. "What's yo' fucking problem?" he snaps, getting all in my face.

I don't know who the hell he thinks he is or what he thinks he's doing. My first instinct is to slap him hard across the face...again, so I do. He must be loosing his damn mind grabbing and pulling on me like this. "No, what the hell is your damn problem? Pulling me and-"

He slams his fist into a sign on the gate, which happens to be very close to my cheek. "Don't put yo' hands on me no more, Ren!"

"Don't put your hands on me, Marcus!"

"I didn't fucking hit you. No matter how bad you might get on my damn nerves, I'll never hit you! Ever!"

I lower my eyes and lean into the wall. "If I get on your nerves so much, then why are you here? Why am I here with you?"