Chapter 19 (Wednesday)

Treyvon's POV

The ride to Ren's house is quiet and the tension is thick. It ain't really no tension between us, even though I did put her in a bad predicament a minute ago, but the hostile vibes that came from Jessie yard found their way in the car before the doors could close.

My reflexes and anger just took over me before I could control myself after seeing that nigga getting crazy with her. I ain't never gonna sit back and just watch somebody going wild on a female that I got some type of love and respect for. Ever since I met Ren she been cordial and cool, plus she my brother's girl, so the first thing I got to do when he not around is protect her for him.

"You sure you good?" I ask after parking outside her house.

She let's out a sigh and nods. "Yeah, I'm fine. Thanks for taking me," she says. "I apologize for getting you wrapped up in that gang bullshit. I know how dangerous that could've gotten."

"Don't even worry about all that. I got something for them, and don't never hesitate to ask me for any kind of favor. I got you," I tell her.

Even though she's telling me she good, I can see it all in her eyes that this shit between her little best friend and that Mexican mafia got her going crazy inside. She look like she about to break into tears any minute now, and I want to hold her for a minute to let her know I'm here for her just like any of her other friends would be, but I got business to handle with the gang, and I'll just knock some sense into Marcus ass so he can come take care of her like he supposed to. Whatever they into over ain't worth her not being able to have somebody when she feeling like how she feeling now.

"I really appreciate it, Trey," she says, leaning over and giving me a small hug. "I guess I'll see you tomorrow. Stay out of trouble."

That's something that I can't promise her. I watch her until she gets all the way into her house so I know she made in safe, but as soon as that door closes, I pull my phone out to call Ant. I find it real funny how Ren boy just went and crossed over to the other side after all this time and after knowing Mike for years. All I got to ask is where the hell is the loyalty? Whether they his kind of people or not, this shit he just did ain't cool.

"Ain't you supposed to be in yo' class? What's going on?" Ant asks, answering after two rings.

"We need to have a hood meeting as soon as possible. It's going down with the rivals tonight!"

"You sure about this?" he asks.

"Hundred percent positive. You got to get everybody to the spot now."

Marcus's POV

Ren just don't understand how foul she is for choosing that nigga over me. I mean, I know I was wrong for yelling at her and being involved with causing the scene, but that's just 'cause I was pissed off. Here I am dropping hoes and tryna get shit together so that I can be with her, and she still acting like she don't know what she wants. That shit got me hurt, and I don't like the feeling. A nigga like me don't get his feelings hurt. She got my head all messed up.

I need to get back on track, and getting back with my niggas will help out, but it's nutrition, and Trey's still nowhere to be found. I called his phone damn near three times, but it kept going to voice mail. He acting like I'm one of his hoes that he's tryna avoid, and that shit ain't cool either.

I walk into the lunchroom and see Xavier, Chris, Davante, and Dereck at our usual spot, but the funny thing is, Mike and his boys, Andre and Joseph over there too. They usually sitting with all the jocks and shit, so that alone lets me know that something is up.

"Where my sister, young player?" Mike asks, stepping up to me as soon as I get to the table.

I smack my lips. "You need to be asking her little punk ass friend where she at 'cause I don't know."