Chapter 7 (Monday)

Marcus's POV

I dial Trey's number back as I pull off from Korrine's house and wait for his weird ass to answer. I know he was just calling to be funny 'cause he know I was with her. He been cracking jokes and finding humor in this shit since the beginning.

"What's the deal, lover boy?"

"Shut up, nigga. I'm on my way now."

"Take yo' time. I ain't really in no rush. I was just fucking with you," he says, laughing.

I shake my head and hang up in his face. He thinks this a game I'm playing with Ren. I told him I'm serious about taking her out and getting close to her, but he thinks I'm just trying to have sex with her because her body right. I ain't gonna lie, she sexy as hell with her mixed ass, but I don't even care about all that. I've been with females thicker than Nicki Minaj, and women as experienced as Porn Stars. I've had Asians, Mexicans, Belizeans, and even some white girls. If I want some head or sex, then I can get it with ease, so I obviously don't want none of that shit from Ren.

I really just want to call her mine. I've been waiting for a cool minute to do so. So long that I actually had just let it go until the other day at the mall. Shawty been on my mind ever since, and I know it's just her brother that's standing in the way of us progressing the way I want to. I'm gonna chill and keep it on the low for now just because she asked me to, but I know that her brother's gonna find out some type of way, and it ain't gonna be pretty. If it's one thing I know about the Michael aside from the hood, it's that he loves his sisters damn near more than he loves himself.

I pull in front of Nia's house and honk the horn a couple times. She's Trey little thang. He's been dealing with her for years, but only in sexual ways. I don't too much deal with her, but she always hanging around the hood with her home girls. She real good looking or whatever, but word is she fucks with a lot of the homies besides Trey. He don't care though 'cause he got his fair share of hoes too.

He comes out with her after nearly ten minutes, but he's just standing at the door, talking to her instead of bringing his ass on. I honk the horn two more times, and he comes running. "Did you hit it yet?" he asks when he gets in the truck.

"Man, I told you I was just giving her a ride home."

"Yeah, a ride for a ride, right?" he asks, laughing.

I try to hold my laugh in, but I can't. I know he just messing around, and I ain't gonna lie no more, the whole thing is kind of funny. I've really been texting and spitting game to shawty, and I ain't even got a kiss from her yet. This ain't the Marcus that Trey and everybody else used to. I hit and quit faster than I blink my eyes because I'm about getting money and protecting me, Trey, and my hood. I'm going out my way to deal with Ren, but at the end of the day, I'm not tripping because I feel like she'll be worth it.

This is my senior year, and I can't keep moving in the fast lane forever. My gang leader and legal guardian, Anthony, is gonna make me stop being around the gang and shit so that I can graduate like he did. He ain't playing when it comes to me getting an education. He said that his leader made him and all his niggas do it when they was young, so he's making me do it. Since he's basically taken care of me since I was fifteen, he don't want the gang life to be the only life I got to look forward to, so he want me to go to college like how Mike gonna do when he graduate.

Ant just forgetting that Mike got football to help him get in. Yeah, we got the money for my tuition, but ain't no college gonna accept me after seeing all my suspensions, tardies, and no rep sheet filled with community service hours, extra curricular activities, or sports. Even though I got a few good classes and a cool 3.0 GPA, colleges ain't looking twice at me. At least that's how I feel.

Maybe she'll help me slow down and get my head back right. She seems like the kind of person that'll put me in my place and get me together. I don't need no momma or nothing, but I do need somebody to hold me down while I'm holding them down too.

"Go to McDonald's. I'm hungry as hell."

"I ain't yo' damn chauffeur. When yo' car getting out the shop anyway?"

"Friday Morning. You know we gotta make those runs 'round seven."

"Oh, yeah, shit. I told shawty I was gonna take her out Friday. Ain't no telling how long we gonna be out."

He laughs. "It's cool. I'll do it and cover for you this time 'cause I ain't gonna cock block, but you owe me."

"Don't shit come for free with it comes to you. Let's get out," I say, pulling in the McDonald's parking lot.

"Cool. We gotta kill time anyway 'cause it's a meeting around six at the spot."

Two hours and half hours later, I pull up to one of the spots we got in the city. We don't keep no drugs or money here 'cause it's too risky with the cops being close. We really just come here to have meetings and chill or lay low. It ain't nothing but a small two bedroom apartment on the east side. We blend in like we just some brothers squeezing in a small ass apartment, trying to get by.

I park my car, and we get out and head inside so that we can get this little meeting started. Everybody's all lined up around the table while Ant and some of his homies from way back are sitting down, rolling blunts. "It's about time y'all got here," Ant says.

"We was eating and shit," I tell him. The whole while, I can feel some eyes burning into me. I look around at all the homies' faces, and I come in contact with Mike's eyes. This nigga staring at me with a screw on his face like I just said some shit about him or something. He probably still tripping off me and Ren being the last ones in the hall last week. Buster ass nigga just staring and shit. He better speak up. That was a fast ass practice anyway.

"I called y'all here to give y'all an update on what's been going on in the streets. Those Mexican motherfuckers trying to move product in my territory, and I ain't having that. They trying to recruit some more of they asses and get a whole squad of dough boys to run the streets at night in the same areas I got y'all making runs, so watch out. Ain't no telling what they got in store."