Painting & Plotting.

After six period, Ms. J leads Liam and I to the art wing where she informs us we'll be working on the back drops indefinitely.

When we arrive there, the whole room is like my personal haven.

Huge canvas are everywhere, all different kinds of paints, pencils, sketchpads, everything you could ever need. Or well, anything I could ever need.

I take a seat and Ms. J begins to describe to me the whole scene of the play. It's mid-evil like, from what I learn.

I grab a sketchbook and began to sketch what she says, trying to picture it all. Once I'm done, I show them to her and she nods eagerly, grinning, "It's perfect!" She says. And I meekly smile back at her.

When she's done giving us the whole down on everything, she exits, but not before stopping and saying, "And oh, Ronnie, I hope you don't mind but I used that picture you had painted in class and hanged it up in the hall way."

"What painting?" My eyebrows furrow and I take a step towards her, peering out the door to the long hallway that's covered in numerous paintings. All the paintings are so different and.. beautiful. All the paintings are so colorful, and light. So mine's bound to stick out.

I catch sight of it and my eyes widen.

Liam. That's what the painting was of. The one I painted when I was so out of it. Oh god.

"Painting?" Liam echoes and walks over to where me and Ms. J are. Ms. J smiles at him and points it out. But it's not like she needs to me. Mine sticks out like a sore thumb.

I close my eyes and groan lowly, Why Ms. J? Why?

"Wow," He breathes and I open my eyes to look up at him to see his face full of astonishment. He takes a step away from us and makes his way to the painting.

He stops when he's in front of it. I find it slightly humours as the green eyes in portrait stare right back at him.

"It's beautiful, isn't it? Ronnie has some real talent." Ms. J inquires and look over at me a small grin, she reaches out and gently pats my shoulder, "I should get going, anyway. Make sure to lock up when your done." She tosses a set of keys to me and with that, she's gone.

I sigh and toy with the keys in my hand, turning back to Liam. He traces the painting with his fingertips. I suck in a breath when he glances over his shoulder at me and asks, "Is this me?"

I swallow roughly. "No, why would it be you?"

He raises a eyebrow at me and looks between the painting and I. "Then why do we have the same eye colour?"

"A coincidence, perhaps." I mock his words from the other day, "Is it that big of a deal? Come on. Let's get to work."

When he doesn't move, I grip his hand and tug him back into the room. I make him help me out with spreading out the large canvas and grip a pencil between my teeth. I take off my shoes and socks, tossing them to the side before I start to get to work.

I keep my smaller sketch by my side the whole time. I look back to it as a reference of sorts and slowly transfer it all onto the canvas.

But It's not as easy to concentrate with Liam staring me down from his position at a desk. I look up at him multiple times to see him watching me, each time, he keeps his gaze with me. I'm always the one who chickens out and looks away.

I sigh once I'm done with one half of the canvas and lean back to examine my work.

I brush back a stray hair that had fallen out of my braid and purse my lips. "What do you think?" I ask Liam and glance up at him.