Forgive & Forget.

Not Edited.

                   Just walk up to him, Ronnie! My mind screams at me, talk to him! Do it before it's too late!

I shift nervously in my seat and try desperately to swat away my pestering thoughts as I stare out the window of the small and warm and safe cafe.

From beside me, Liam shifts in his seat as well. It seems my nervousness is contagious, but hey, at least I'm not alone.

I force my eyes away from the man that grips the tall blonde to him and instead turn to face Liam. He frowns at him.

"You should go talk to him," He says, voicing my thoughts. His vivid green eyes follow my movement as I lift my hand from my lap and begin to stir my spoon around in my cup. When it's evident I'm not about to reply to his comment, he huffs. "You can't avoid him forever."

"No, but I can try." I mutter defiantly. My eyes flicker away from my cup long enough to notice Liam is scowling me. 

"Ron, this might be the last time you're able to see your dad for weeks, or months, or however long it takes before we can get this whole Purgatory and Beckett situation worked out." 

"I don't know what to say to him." I answer honestly. I twist in my seat to face him. "I mean, you should have heard the things I said to him before I.. left."

"Exactly. You said some things you regret. This is your last chance to fix them, princess." 

Regret? Did I really regret what I said to him? I question silently. Immediately, I know the answer is yes. Because I do regret what I said. I was angry and hurt and so I directed all my bitter emotions at him, when he clearly didn't deserve it. I had done the unspeakable. I had  taunted my father about the death of my mom - his mate - the one woman he loved the most in this world. And I had painfully reminded him that she was gone and he could do nothing about that. 

In result, I felt horrible. And also even more horrified when I realize Liam is right. I need to speak with him. To put somewhat of a mend on our strained relationship, because just like Liam said, it could be the last time I got to see him for a long time. Or, well, maybe it would the last time I saw him ever. 

He deserved an apology, answers, and most of all, a warning of what was to come in the future. Therefor, he would have the chance to run off with Tara and create a new life with her. At least then I could sleep peacefully knowing I had least done something to help him. 

My eyes slither back over to window and I watch silently as Tara and my dad fall into step, side by side, merely talking and laughing occasionally. 

I suck in a sharp breath, it's now or never. 

I stand abruptly, manging to catch the attention of Liam. He gazes at me out from the corner of his eyes, not even phased when I begin to make my way for the door. I stop once I reach the door. I place my hands on the handle and throw a look over my shoulder at a smirking Liam. "You coming or not, Farley?"

He stands and tosses a couple bills on the table before joining me at the door. We exit the cafe wordlessly and begin to make our way towards Tara and my dad. 

I'm a bundle of nerves as we near them and Liam seems to sense that. He holds out his hand for me to take and without another thought, I place my smaller hand in his.  Liam doesn't hesitate to intertwine our fingers together. He draws me near to him as well, pressing his side up against mine. And I'm glad when he does this, because immediately I feel some ounce of comfort.