Purgative.

This has not been edited.

~

I haven't spoken Adam or Liam since that scene in the lunch room. They hadn't made the effort to speak to me either. I think they were both just trying to grasp what was going on.

Come to think of it, I hadn't seen much of Adam to even try and talk to him. His parents questioned me further Friday morning when Adam still hadn't returned home.

When I got to school and saw him there, by his locker, I was surprised. We made eye contact for less than a minute before he turned away and walked off.

As for Liam, I saw him around school. He made few attempts to spark a conversation with me, each time, I kept quiet and gave him a death stare till he got the message and scampered off.

Now it was Saturday night and I was over at Anna's, since I had promised her I'd spend the night over at her house. The night started off promising once Anna whipped out the horror movies and sweets. Such as popcorn, candy, and all sorts of energy drinks.

Usually, we wouldn't eat this kinda stuff since Anna's mom was a total health nut. But lucky for us, her mom and dad had chosen to go out for dinner and see a movie, enough time to stash the evidence and cover up the fact we had been eating junk food we were supposed to not touch.

Anna's endless squeals bring me out of my thoughts and I watch with amusement on my face as she thrusts a pillow in front of her face, than peeks over and watches the man in the movie shove the other dude's hand in the drain, than turns on the garbage disposal, and well, we all know what happens then.

"I think we should have just stuck the traditional chick flicks," Anna voices once the scene passes. "Why did we rent horror movies again?"

"Because romance movies suck." I state dryly.

"You know what really sucks? Getting your handed grinded by a device that's meant to grind food up! Who knew it could be such a deadly weapon?" Anna shivers before shoving another load of popcorn in her mouth. "We should have just watched Titanic."

I groan and shake my head at the mention of that movie. "How many times have we seen it? Yeah, okay, it's great the first time or two, but it gets old after a while. And I have no desire to see Kate Winslet boobs another time."

Anna let's out a pain staken gasp, "Are you insulting the greatest movie of a lifetime? How can you be so bitter about love stories and boys when you've got Adam Beckett trailing after you? Sooner or later, he'll change your views on love, you know?"

"You make it seem like I hate the idea of love."

"It's because you do!" Anna shrieks.

I shake my head at her. I don't hate the idea of love, nor do I question if love actually exists. I'm not one of those people who say I won't ever fall in love, either. But the idea of it makes me sick.

I've never been one of those girls who crave a fairy tale romance. I don't want a prince charming like most. I know the perfect man doesn't exist, but most girls fool themselves into believing they do. Like I've said before, marriage and kids is certainly not something I see in my future.

Maybe Liam would be changing that thought soon.

I sigh inwardly at the nagging voice that insists on implying that Liam maybe will change my views on that subject. That maybe he'd be the first guy I'd ever love. But how could I fall in love with someone, when I didn't even know what love was? I was only sixteen years old. And I hadn't even experienced liking a boy before.