Misery Loves Company.

Not edited. 

                                   "Ronnie?"

The familiar voice calls for the fifth time. I ignore it. Instead, I focus my undivided attention on the plate in front of me, pushing around my untouched eggs with my fork. It's what I've been doing for the last fifteen minutes while my dad tries to make me talk.

He's been pestering me the whole morning since I got up. Asking me about Adam, how was the play, and other things I have no desire to discuss. 

I'm too caught up in my thoughts to care.

All I can seem to think about is that girl from yesterday. 

 I mean, who was that girl? Why hadn't I ever seen her before? Why was she running from Liam's direction? And does Liam know her?

When this last thought occurs, a twang of jealousy strikes me quite forcefully. Mainly because I don't like the idea of another girl hanging around Liam. Just how he doesn't like me hanging around another guy.

But it doesn't make sense. Why would Liam be associating with a Purgatory member? He hates them. For what reason? I don't know. I don't know a lot of things about Liam. And though I said I'd remain patient, I'm starting to get sick of all the secrets he's keeping.

I bet this is how Liam felt when I dodged all his questions about Adam and I. And man, it sucks. 

I'm the kind of person where I need to know what's going on or I'm positively sure I'll go insane. Basically, suspense isn't a fond company of mine.

And so, naturally, I just assume the worse. Like Liam is seeing another girl behind my back. It's stupid, I know. But what other conclusion is there?

But on the other hand, maybe Liam doesn't know she is. Maybe he's just as clueless as me. Maybe he had no idea that chick was running on his territory. 

Then again, Liam does keep a tight watch on the Purgatory pack for more reasons then one. Wouldn't he know the members of the pack and stuff? I'm sure Liam could detect a Purgatory member from miles away. So he'd know of her. And he'd take the chance to kill one, I'm positive about that.

So why hadn't Liam bursted through the clearing last night, searching after that girl? I remembered standing there for several minutes. Simply gazing at that same exact spot the girl had disappeared off to. That was more then enough time for Liam to arrive. But he didn't.

There's another chance he wasn't even home. Perhaps he was in town, getting a pizza or whatever. Or perhaps I'm just driving myself insane.

After I had bumped into the girl last night, instead of going to Liam and simply asking who she was, I chose the hard way. By going back home and doing exactly what I said earlier. Driving myself insane with curiosity and confusion. It resulted in insomnia, seeing as I stayed up half the night, wondering when my life got so complicated. 

Oh God, it's too early in the morning to try solving pointless rittles. 

 With a sigh, I push away my plate and stand up, reaching to grab my bag and head out the door when my dad suddenly stops me by asking, "What time are you free?"

I look over my shoulder and raise an eyebrow, "What do you mean what time am I 'free'?"

"I mean for dinner," He drawls slowly, "With Tara."

I blink. "Dinner with Tara?" I echo stupidly.

"Yeah," He frowns, "I told you she wanted to meet you."