Somebody I Used To Know.

This has not been Edited. And make sure to read the Authors note at the end. Enjoy. (:

 ------                 

God, kill me now.

That's all what does through my mind as I stare at the colorful flyer before me. My stomach clenches in dismay when I realize this is the formal Adam was talking to me about in the car. This is where he's supposed to introduce me as his mate to all the other packs.

Why was everything happening so damn fast?

It felt like only hours ago that Adam had declared he wanted me as his mate. It also felt like hours ago that I met Liam. Now here I am, three weeks later staring at this flimsy piece of paper that just represented my doom.

"I don't want to go." I repeat for the sixth time this morning. I push the paper away from me, glancing up at Adam under my lashes. "I'm not going."

Adam sighs and rests his forearms on the table. "Ron, you-"

"Ronnie." I correct him quickly, "I only let people I like call me Ron."

He grimaces and his jaw clenches in anger at me. Yeah, we're still fighting even after yesterday. I wouldn't talk to him without giving him attitude and well, he obviously didn't like that.

But he didn't fight with me like he did at lunch.

Instead he takes it and carries on, probably afraid I'll have another out break. And I would if he did. But this time, I would punch him straight in the face rather then just saying, 'Go screw yourself.'

"I already told my mom you would meet her after school," He says, letting out a frustrated sigh at the end of his sentence.

"Tell her I'm not going." I say calmly with a small shrug. I know I'll end up getting forced to go, but I can't help fighting back with him. I didn't want Adam getting the idea that he could walk all over me.

But then again, I was playing with fire here. Adam at any minute could run to his daddy and tell him I was refusing and then Liam would end up six feet under. Or even Anna.

The thought makes my stomach clench painfully.

"I don't want to fight Ronnie," He mutters and stands up from his seat. "Just please go after school and do what she wants. She'll only most likely get your size for the dress her tailor is making for you. And probably talk over colors and such."

I frown, like I would even want to talk about that stuff. "I have the back drops to do after school. You know, for your play." It's not a lie. Today I really do I have to really get going on the back drops and finish them in about three weeks before the play. Three weeks of being stuck in a room with Liam. All alone.

"Fine. What time will you be done?"

"I don't know, around five or so." I reply with another one of my signature shrugs.

"Okay. I'll tell her you'll be there at six then. You can even have dinner with us, sound good?" He asks, and makes a b-line for the door, already opening it.

"Not really." I say flatly, "Don't hold your breath. I might just not show up." I follow him to the door, picking up my bag and putting it over my shoulder.

"You should.. you know how my dad would get if you didn't," He mumbles, his eyes flickering to my face as if expecting I'll snap at him.

It's a warning.

He was just like his father, warning me not to do this or that or they would surely drop hints of what was to come if I disobeyed. God, they were complete, heartless, jerks.