Chapter 7 - My Annoying Daemon Tail

Chapter 7

My Annoying Daemon Tail

"Everybody's staring at us."

I look at the tables around. Every student in the dining hall is looking at our way. I can't even have a bite in my hash brown without being self-conscious.

"Because they have eyes."

I glare at the person opposite me.

Kai's eating his oatmeal like there's no eyes watching our every move.

"Why do we have to eat breakfast together anyway?"

"I ask the same stupid question." he answered.

I sighed for what felt like million times since the moment he took the sit in front of me. Amber overslept last night so she's skipping breakfast to do homework, I was left alone with this daemon.

"Where are they?" I asked him. I can't see Baekhyun and the rest of them here.

"House." he said.

"Exo house?"

He stopped scooping his food and look at me. "Exo?"

"Yeah, Exo. It says in the front door."

Kai's eyebrow cock up. "Wow. You can see even spells." he said, for the first time sounding amused.

"Spells?"

"Exo is a spell Leeteuk put on his house so no one can find it."

"So the house is like invisible?"

"Nope, just depends on who's looking." he started eating again. "Humans will see it as an old ordinary house. Daemons on the other hand can't really see it nor can't even get near it."

"Wow."

"The only one who can see the house is us and now ...you."

"Cool."

Kai smirked. No, actually it looks like a smile. It's torn between a smirk and a smile. Huh, I never knew he's capable of smiling.

I was about to point that out when the first bell rung indicating we have half an hour to get to class.

Kai stood and grabbed his tray of food, dump what's left then put the dish at the counter. I did the same and the two of us head to the main building together with the rest of the students who are still looking at us with new found interest.

Nothing interesting happened today, just my increasing annoyance. Kai and I were at the same year that means we have almost the same classes. Sometimes we were joined by Sehun but majority of the time Kai and I were together, even seating beside each other in classes.

I can tell he's getting annoyed too but whenever he sees my frustrated face he will smirk. He won't even hide that my annoyance is entertaining him.

I thought I'll be able to get rid of him on free period but I was wrong. I told him I'm going to the library and he said he's going too. I was about to complain but good thing he left me alone the moment we get there. He went off to some further section in the library. I was almost tempted to run but I figured I must do my homework.

So I look for a peaceful spot, lay my books there and started working.

I was enjoying my freedom when a book was slammed on the table followed by Amber's outburst.

"You and Kim Kai?!"

"Shhhhh!" Ms. Lee, the librarian shushes us.

"Sorry." I told her then she went back to her computer.