Chapter 3 - Their Secret

Chapter 3

Their Secret

I watched enough action movies to know what to do.

I run and successfully landed a flying kick to the guy with the staff.

Slowly he turns to look at me but his hood is so long I can't see his face clearly. He's probably gritting his teeth. Getting kicked in the butt is not really a pleasant thing.

I kicked him again but it didn't affect him. He didn't even flinch.

Okay, I'm doomed now.

I started running towards Caramel Jerk guy. He didn't saw me coming. He's too busy with the other two. When I bumped his back as I face my opponent he gasped and stared at me with wide eyes.

I think he got frozen. He stopped moving. All he does is stare at me, shocked.

"Behind you!" I yelled at him.

It woke him. He dodges from their attacks.

I don't know how he did it but with only his hand, he pushed the air towards them and like a strong force those three were sent flying a few feet away from us.

It's my turn to be frozen in my feet.

"H-How ...how did you do that?" I stare in awe.

He looks back at me with those killer eyes he got.

What is his problem? I'm not the enemy here!

Before I can argue with him those three are back on their feet and in a flash, they were right in front of us.

And this time. They each have swords. Where did those come from?!

"Watch out!" I scream again.

Caramel Jerk guy fights them with his bare hands. I was too busy watching them when one guy started advancing towards me. I wanted to run but my feet were still stuck in place. I heard slashing sounds and when I blink his body was sliced in half in front of me.

My body's trembling.

"You ...k-killed him..."

Caramel Jerk guy put the sword on his side. The bodies of those two other guys were on the ground as well. Sliced.

Like a boiling water was poured at me, I got free from being frozen. I took a trembling step backwards.

Another slash.

I look down at my body.

Caramel Jerk guy swung his sword at me.

With trembling hands, I touch my stomach. It's still whole.

"What the hell!?!" I screamed at him. I'm positive he just sliced me in half.

"You're human?"

"What's wrong with you?! I just helped you and you want to kill me too?!"

He snapped his fingers in front of my face. He looked confused. He did it again then he looked even more confused.

"What the hell are you doing?!"

He snapped his fingers again and this time with both hands.

"I'm calling the cops."

I started running but he put his hand on my shoulder and everything went black.

****