Chapter 6 - House of Daemon

Chapter 6

House of Daemon

Victoria put her hand in front of her like she's squeezing a bottle. I readied myself because I know this is it.

After seconds of trying, her evil smile faded. She looked at me confused.

"Why aren't you dead?!" she shrieks.

Daemon powers doesn't have effect on you.

I never knew I will be thankful because of that.

She tried again but nothing's happening. She didn't give up, now with both of her hands. Caramel Jerk guy on the other hand had started moving.

He shook his head a couple of times and when his eyes focused on his surroundings he quickly got up on his feet. Victoria heard him but when she turns to look back at him, he's is no longer there. He disappeared.

He left me?!

Within second he reappeared behind Victoria and took her hands at her back. Her knife dropped and he kicked it away.

"Who sent you here?!"

"You are going to die!" she said.

"Who sent you?!" he yelled.

Victoria tries to escape but Caramel Jerk guy got her tightly. She used her long-pointed nails to cut him and he let go. His hand is now bleeding. Victoria's going to run towards the door but I blocked her.

I don't know where my courage is coming from but I just know we can't let her escape.

She hesitated to touch me but since Caramel Jerk guy is just behind her she tried to claw her nails at me but he is fast. He appeared in front of her and cut her head off with the glowing knife.

I stare with wide eyes as her body fall to the ground and after seconds it started glowing then slowly evaporates until it's totally gone. The place where her body seconds ago, was replaced by a green yellow crystal, not bigger than a marble.

Caramel Jerk guy looked at me.

"We need to get out of here."

"Where are we going?"

****

It was the most awkward ride of my life.

Miraculously, Caramel Jerk guy and I got out of the school unnoticed. Usually the guards will ask students bunch of questions for leaving the school and if we have permissions but we just walk pass them like they didn't see us.

I think it has something to do with him when he waved his hand in front of them.

We took the bus. I didn't asked questions. I'm afraid he will turn to me and cut my head too. He's angrier than usual. Like his irritation level reached its highest peak and if he will talk he might end up killing someone again. And that someone is me.

I look at his nameplate. Kim Kai

Oh yeah, that's right. His name is Kai. The daemon who can disappear.

We arrived at their house. The place they keep on bringing me. I wonder if they are always here and if they even stay at the dorms but then again, I don't want to ask Kai.

EXO.

It says at the door. I don't know if it's just a design or it means something else.

"Kai?!"

They run towards us the moment Kai opened the door.

"What happened?"

"Ask her." he said. He throws his body to the sofa.