CHAPTER FORTY

That night, I cried all night until I drifted to sleep. The moonlight shone through my window and woke me up from my sleep. I slowly got up from my bed as I felt the weight against my whole body. Every step I took was heavy as I went towards my dusty mirror to take a closer look at myself, just to see my eyes red and swollen from crying.

I looked at the wall clock near my dresser table to see it was already past three in the morning. Even with the silence filling the spaces of the house, I couldn't seem to compose myself. My thoughts and intentions were all over the place, whispering to me and disturbing me nonstop. Until I had enough and felt myself going insane, I decided to get my black pullover hoodie from the closet and put it on in a swift second as I went downstairs and escaped my way out of the house as I repeatedly thought of finding what was missing within me, proving to myself that my dream was indeed real.

Once I got out of the house, I grabbed a cab and told the driver to go Hongdae to where Sehun's and the couple's houses were located.

Sitting on the backseat of the cab, I kept playing with my fingers as train of thoughts kept disturbing my inner peace. I kept looking through the glass window, just in case the cab drove pass by their houses.

"Well, you're an adventurous young lady." The old cab driver said with a sweet smile plastered on his face as he snapped me back to reality.

I smiled at the old man. "Not really, sir. I'm just looking for some people." I said.

"I do hope you'll find them. It's a dangerous place and you're alone." He said. "I do wish you well, miss."

"Thank you,"

When the cab drove pass by a familiar house, I immediately told the driver to stop and paid him before I got out of the vehicle. As soon as I stepped on the ground in front of the couple's house's gate, I could feel my heart palpitate twice as faster than my usual heartbeat. Kyungsoo might not remember Jongin or Sehun or me or anything that happened among us, but he might still be here. Or Jongin might still be here, right? Jongin could still be alive and well here.

I took deep heavy breathes before I gathered all my courage to press the door bell button. I found myself chewing my lower lip as I waited for someone to open the gate for me and as soon someone came up, disappointment filled my veins. It was neither of them.

"Can I help you?" A young lady (probably the same age as me) asked as she tried to looked compose and fully awake. She obviously looked like she just woke up from sleep. "Are you lost, miss?" She asked when she noticed I wasn't answering at all, and just kept staring at her.

"Uhm, I am actually looking for Kim Jongin and Oh Sehun. I'm wondering if they live here. I'm actually a friend of them."

She thought of names I had mentioned for a while before she answered, "I'm sorry, miss. But they don't live here and I have no idea who those people are, so I can't help you at all. You might be wandering in the wrong neighborhood. I'm sorry." She said, flashing me an apologetic smile before she got inside the house again, leaving me all by myself in the empty road.

The cold breeze of the wind just slapped me, making me realize I was too emotionally tired, but still, I tried. I tried hard to walk again until I saw a telephone booth. I immediately entered the booth as if I saw a new hope, and dialed all the numbers I remembered from my dream, but it just kept ringing and no one was answering.